Question for recent Baltimore/Pride Platinum cruisers

A&Jfamily

I tried running a search, but WAY too many threads appear so there is no efficient way to find my answer.  So I appreciate a quick answer, even though I am sure it has been answered before.

I know that the Pride often runs late due to weather (we are sailing in early March) and have signed up for text alerts.  But assuming she is running on time, when would you advise Platinum guests to arrive at the terminal?  What is the typical time that they open the doors for check-in?  We will be checking out of the hotel and relying on the hotel shuttle.  The on-line check in had a window starting at 2, which is an hour later than what I am used to with my other cruises, and I think she departs at 5.  

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

We are Platinum also and have cruised on the Pride 9 times, if they are on time we have seen the lot open as early as 11am.  We now plan on getting to the lot around 11:30 now.  Because there was one or two times we got there 11ish and was turned away.  Paying cash for parking speeds up that process.  

We love the Pride and the crew, enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, JMAE said:

We are Platinum also and have cruised on the Pride 9 times, if they are on time we have seen the lot open as early as 11am.  We now plan on getting to the lot around 11:30 now.  Because there was one or two times we got there 11ish and was turned away.  Paying cash for parking speeds up that process.  

We love the Pride and the crew, enjoy your cruise!

In your opinion, would we make a flight out of Baltimore at 12:25 PM? Next flight is 4:40 and we are booked for that one but would love to spend less hours at the airport. Contemplating changing to earlier flight.:classic_unsure:

25 minutes ago, MURCOTT said:

In your opinion, would we make a flight out of Baltimore at 12:25 PM? Next flight is 4:40 and we are booked for that one but would love to spend less hours at the airport. Contemplating changing to earlier flight.:classic_unsure:

Probably, but that is a close one for me with a ship that is scheduled to arrive at 9 or 10AM (depending on the itinerary) when on-time and is not consistent when it comes to returning on-time. 8 CCL cruises out of Baltimore for me and it's literally 50/50 for on-time returns out of Baltimore. Debarkation is also slower in my opinion compared to experiences out of other ports. If it's me, I'm taking the 4:40, and if the ship happens to be on time and there are no debarkation issues, having the taxi make a pit stop at Chaps Pit Beef for lunch.

Edited by BigBuoys

I'd plan to arrive at 11:30. You're not getting on this ship anytime before noon, maybe 12:30ish if you're lucky, and you already have one of the first boarding groups, so don't waste your time. Plus Baltimore is a horrible port for having to wait. As platinum, you will be in a separate area so it's not as bad. However. the area the common folk have to sit in is small, the seats and rows are way too close together already, and add in everyone's bags and carry-on luggage, the parents that let their toddlers run all over the aisles, and your legs will not extend beyond a 90 degree angle.