Silver Cloud 2021 Voyages Wait Listed

Stumblefoot

Looks like SS may have some changes planned for Silver Cloud's sailing schedule as all voyages after the Jan 20, 2021 voyage are showing as wait listed. 

There had always been a 10-day gap between the Jan 20 and Feb 9 voyages and I just assumed they probably had the Cloud chartered for 10-days.  But, with all of the voyages now wait listed and the Silver Wind scheduled to sail in Antarctica at the same time as the Cloud, I wonder what SS may have up their sleeve as the Cloud was scheduled to head up the east coast of South America while the Wind headed to South Africa.  We shall see...

• 3 weeks later...

Based on what we learned from TurtleMichael and DCCruiser57 this week, now we know why the Cloud had so many 2021 voyages wait listed as Silversea has decided to launch an Expedition World Cruise in 2021 embarking in Ushuaia on January 30 and disembarking in Tromso on July 17. 

Definitely not my cup of tea, but pretty slick nonetheless for those who want to spend nearly 6 consecutive months at sea.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 10:34 PM, Stumblefoot said:

Definitely not my cup of tea, but pretty slick nonetheless for those who want to spend nearly 6 consecutive months at sea.

With that in mind, I hope the menu change frequency is increased!

Friends of mine on a Tokyo Muse cruise in April commented to me yesterday that theirs had gone from wait listed to lots of availability (and a £5K price increase on what they had paid.)

I do often wonder if there is some strange marketing ploy in the background of some of these.

18 hours ago, les37b said:

Friends of mine on a Tokyo Muse cruise in April commented to me yesterday that theirs had gone from wait listed to lots of availability (and a £5K price increase on what they had paid.)

Wow... roughly a $13K increase per couple.

Edited by Stumblefoot

• 7 months later...

It looks as if what was the 2021 Expedition world cruise from Ushuaia to Tromso on Cloud is not at the moment being marketed as a world cruise but each of the segments are still being marketed separately. There looks to be good availability, at a price, on some interesting segments.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I am at a bit of a loss to understand why Stumblefoot thinks there is a gap between Jan 20th and Feb 9th 2021 on the Cloud.  Perhaps my SS website is not up to date?.

As far as I can see, the voyage on Jan 30th from Ushuaia to Valparaiso is 18 days, and the following cruise leaves on February 17th and sails to Papeete for 22 days, and then another 11 days to Lautoka. The Grand Suite and the Medallion are both shown as waitlisted for this 11 days voyage.  Neither of the first two have any waitlisted cabins. 

I sincerely hope you are not correct - I am hoping to sail on two of the above!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Master Echo said:

CloudHi all,

I am at a bit of a loss to understand why Stumblefoot thinks there is a gap between Jan 20th and Feb 9th 2021 on the Cloud.  Perhaps my SS website is not up to date?.

As far as I can see, the voyage on Jan 30th from Ushuaia to Valparaiso is 18 days, and the following cruise leaves on February 17th and sails to Papeete for 22 days, and then another 11 days to Lautoka. The Grand Suite and the Medallion are both shown as waitlisted for this 11 days voyage.  Neither of the first two have any waitlisted cabins. 

I sincerely hope you are not correct - I am hoping to sail on two of the above!!

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Blame me!  I wanted to avoid starting a new thread with my comment about the non-marketing of the Cloud's 2021 world cruise. It is currently only marketed as separate segments.  Stumblefoot's initial comments were made 9 months ago and have been overtaken by events.

• Like 1

I'm late to this discussion - and we are excited to have just booked our first SilverSeas cruise!

Our booking is the second last leg of this round the world cruise (that we didn't realise was part of this grand voyage)  from Lisbon to Reykjavik.  The itinerary / the ship all sound great.  Very interested in what are people's experiences as passengers on an individual leg of a world cruise on Silverseas?  Or what your expectations would be?

Sorry it's slightly OT, but I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts

many thanks

HilsTas

2 hours ago, HilsTas said:

experiences as passengers on an individual leg of a world cruise on Silverseas?

We just completed our first SS cruise in September.  It was 7 days, the first leg of what we learned was a trans-pacific cruise to Tokyo.  We loved it.  Food was superb, fellow cruisers were friendly, included wines were enjoyable, and the staff exceeded in so many respects I won't list them for fear of understating our experience.

You may come across one or two posts here (and on other lines as we found during researching for our cruise) that seem to disparage 7 day cruisers, but I can assure you that once on board, you won't feel anything but welcome.  Pampered was our experience.  Those of us new have to start somewhere after all!  

There are many folks on this board that can knowledgably (spelling?) answer any other questions you might have, but let my wife and I be the first to say "welcome aboard" and that we wish you have the best cruise ever!

Edited by QueSeraSera
grammar!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

We also just completed our first SS cruise in September.  It was 7 days, the first leg of what we learned was a trans-pacific cruise to Tokyo.  We loved it.  Food was superb, fellow cruisers were friendly, included wines were enjoyable, and the staff exceeded in so many respects I won't list them for fear of understating our experience.

You may come across one or two posts here (and on other lines as we found during researching for our cruise) that seem to disparage 7 day cruisers, but I can assure you that once on board, you won't feel anything but welcome.  Pampered was our experience.  Those of us new have to start somewhere after all!  

There are many folks on this board that can knowledgably (spelling?) answer any other questions you might have, but let my wife and I be the first to say "welcome aboard" and that we wish you have the best cruise ever!

Thank you for the very lovely welcome QueSeraSera!

• Like 1

A great tip for getting to know those on board is to do a ship's tour in your first port and ask for a shared dining table in MDR.  We've done 3 SS cruises and 2 of them had a huge number of venetians on board who already knew one another.  We were welcomed.

At least with SS if you share a table you aren't stuck with someone for the whole cruise if you don't gel.

Also keep an eye out for the meet and mingle.

We don't sail frequently as work and life get in the way, but with SS I have never ever felt anything other than welcome by other guests. (Well maybe when we first boarded with a teenager and one a bit younger).  We actually went through a whole 7 day Seabourn Cruise without meeting anyone... I think that was because the entire ship turned over every 7 days.

• Like 1