MIAMI PRINCESS HOTEL ON 11TH ST

victory2020

Hello, I saw fair reviews of this hotel as a good place to stay for a one night before a cruise since it has a free airport shuttle. I went to website & it said to call for reservation. I did & all the guy wanted was the date of stay & my name, nothing more. I asked if I would get a confirmation of any sort he said "no, just use my name". I booked because rate was $25 less than booking sites & I was on the phone with him. Since we're arriving at 8pm I'm a little scared of not having a room at that price - or even a room. Has anyone had experience good or bad with booking directly with this hotel?

Having a markup rather than a discount when booking on a consolidator website is a pretty big red flag.

As is the 25% who rate this property "poor" or "terrible" on Tripadvisor.

Based on the reviews it seems that walk-ups are pretty much this hotel's preferred method of operation--especially as they also offer hourly rates. 

So as I see you are posting on a roll call for a March 31 cruise, I wouldn't be satisfied with a wholly unconfirmed, non-deposited pseudo-reservation on a peak season weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

That hotel has the 836 'freeway' behind it.  Very, very busy road.  It's also in a Spanish speaking neighborhood, which I'm not saying is a bad thing, I'm just saying.  And, it's very close to the end of the runway at the airport.  I wouldn't stay there.