Laundry Service - Silver Spirit

Fortunate2

A week from today we'll be in Ft. Lauderdale for the night and boarding the Spirit on January 18th for a 11 days relaxing in and around the Caribbean.  We're in a Silver Suite and not sure about the dry cleaning/laundry turn around time.  We'd love to know - it could lighten up the suitcases.  Appreciate any input.

Laundry is included when you stay in a Silver Suite.  So  put your laundry in the bag with the list and put it outside your door when you go to bed each night  and  your butler returns it  later afternoon the next day.  Hanging items are place directly into your wardrobe  and folded items are place on the bed.  If you forget to place it outside on retiring  you can  do it before going to breakfast -  but I  would call the butler so he knows to pick it up.   If you are going to do regular laundry  I  would tell the butler this  when  you board,  so he knows  what to expect.   You can do laundry every day   of your cruise if you need to.   I havent  ever used the  SS  drycleaning,  so I  am no help there ! 

Don’t forget that when you send things to be laundered towards the end of the trip, ask that they come back folded. They will be returned neatly folded and the bundle wrapped in tissue paper and the whole bundlencan go into your suitcase. Easy packing and no laundry to do when you get home. 

Rp

• Like 1

This isn’t a joke even though it might sound like one.  Onboard the Spirit in Sept. the laundry slips indicated “laundry” & “Wet cleaning”. I asked the hotel manager about this & he said that the chemicals used in dry cleaning are too toxic for confined spaces so they are using a new process.  We didn’t try it so I have no idea how it works or if it works. Or if he was joking.  Has anyone else experienced this?   

Wet cleaning is an eco-friendly form of cleaning which is now preferred to dry cleaning in many places, on land as well as at sea. It is alleged to be kinder to clothing and is as effective at removing stains. 

It was not a joke. 

Rp