Singapore - Videos of my Country ver 2

Iluvcruising2

Good evening and hope you have had a great 2019 so far.

I am starting a new thread entitled 'Singapore - Videos of my Country Ver 2'. There was an original thread, but I figured it has been rendered quite unusable because after the change in forum programming, many of my videos are now not clickable. So, in order to make this thread useful, I will start a new one.  If you are cruising to Singapore, and you don't want to watch any other videos I have made, at least watch the following.

First is Marina Bay Cruise Terminal.  All the large ships have to dock here because the other Singapore Cruise Terminal at Harbourfront is too small.

However, if you are sailing on a smaller ship, your ship may still end up docking at the Harboufront Terminal.  Some videos of that terminal here.

And here.

View of a Japanese ship docked at Harbourfront. 

If you are coming to Singapore, I hope you get a chance to fly on my national carrier, Singapore Airlines! Better still, fly in Business Class! Here are some videos to showcase Singapore Airlines, or SQ.

Long-haul Business Class on SQ 318 from Singapore to London in late 2018.

https://youtu.be/2sYzbsXW2S4

Singapore Airlines Airbus A350 in Economy Class (Exit Row seats)

a

Some food videos.  We are well known for our hawker culture, and the Hainanese Chicken Rice is one of our staples.

This is what it looks like.

Another version, from a different stall.

Yet another version.

According to the UK BBC, this dish is worth a 15 hour flight - http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20151105-the-singapore-dish-worth-a-15-hour-flight

"Born out of frugality, Hainanese chicken rice – one of Singapore’s national dishes – may seem simple. But it’s the kind of dish you’d cross continents to eat."

I've even tried Chicken Rice on board Singapore Airlines, just for the fun of it.  But it definitely tasted better on the ground.

On the topic of Hainanese Chicken Rice, Iluvcruising2, as a local point of view, is there an outstanding place that you think is the best in Singapore? We have tried Ah Tai and Tian Tian, they were both very good but quite similar, IMHO. Are we missing anything that maybe we should try next time in Singapore?

14 hours ago, ROCruiser said:

On the topic of Hainanese Chicken Rice, Iluvcruising2, as a local point of view, is there an outstanding place that you think is the best in Singapore? We have tried Ah Tai and Tian Tian, they were both very good but quite similar, IMHO. Are we missing anything that maybe we should try next time in Singapore?

I don't have a personal favourite.  They are more similar. Maybe I am easy to please.

• 1 month later...

Hawker food in Singapore. We have plenty of food centers, called Hawker Centers.

This stall at Whampoa Market serves very good prawn noodles.  I enjoyed it!

This stall at Pek Kio Market sells awesome wan-ton noodles.  Lovely stuff.

Another random video by me - Holland Village!  Somehow this place has many caucasians. Right next to Holland Village MRT station.

For those of you who are staying at Fairmont (which is next to City Hall MRT station), do check out the supermarket located at the basement.  Useful place to get stuff.

I was there during a weekend evening.  Plenty of discounted sushi on sale.

In the same complex, there was a MOS burger.  I had the Wagyu Beef burger, which wasn't too bad.

At level 3, there is an air conditioned food court where you can meals at a decent price (by city center standards of course).  Check it out! 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:35 AM, Iluvcruising2 said:

Good evening and hope you have had a great 2019 so far.

I am starting a new thread entitled 'Singapore - Videos of my Country Ver 2'. There was an original thread, but I figured it has been rendered quite unusable because after the change in forum programming, many of my videos are now not clickable. So, in order to make this thread useful, I will start a new one.  If you are cruising to Singapore, and you don't want to watch any other videos I have made, at least watch the following.

First is Marina Bay Cruise Terminal.  All the large ships have to dock here because the other Singapore Cruise Terminal at Harbourfront is too small.

However, if you are sailing on a smaller ship, your ship may still end up docking at the Harboufront Terminal.  Some videos of that terminal here.

And here.

View of a Japanese ship docked at Harbourfront. 

We can't wait to watch your videos and get to know Singapore better. We arrive on Spectrum of the Seas May 17 and are staying 5 days post cruise. Is it true we should not book Airbnb as it is illegal there and many end up with no lodging after paying? We have a hotel booked in Chinatown but the rooms all seem so small we wanted something bigger...but I want to make sure I have lodging too. Not asking for recommendations on places, just the general state of Airbnb vs hotels there. Thanks

• 4 months later...

Apologies, have been busy, hadn't been updating this.  Singapore just celebrated our 54th National Day, on 9th August. 

Mr Ramli Sarip singing our National Anthem.  Moving.

https://youtu.be/ALRSqIc5qHM

The Mobile Column at the National Day Parade. Check out all the Armour on display.

https://youtu.be/YPvz66DfawQ

Chinook helicopter carrying our state flag as the National Anthem is sung.

https://youtu.be/toYJ0gFB-vc

The Red Lions (paratroops) landing.  Always a crowd favorite!

https://youtu.be/HBGDSawWIdA

Fireworks.

https://youtu.be/00tfglYWBZ0

Edited by Iluvcruising2
  • Like 1

Iluvcruising2,

Thank you so much for sharing the videos. In January we will spend almost 3 days in Singapore for the first time as part of a Southeast Asia cruise. We are looking forward to trying the great food, visiting the Orchid Garden, and the Zoo.