Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

Maybe it's me.    I get that you have to update and all that.  But, it looks like all the color has been sucked out of everything.  It's all GRAY!  Shades of gray, white, off-white, cream...........Guess that's the trend.     Not sure how I feel about it. Anyone else?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

Maybe it's me.    I get that you have to update and all that.  But, it looks like all the color has been sucked out of everything.  It's all GRAY!  Shades of gray, white, off-white, cream...........Guess that's the trend.     Not sure how I feel about it. Anyone else?

We don't like the new look.👎👎

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

Hi,

The new renderings look like scenes from a black and white movie.

Chuck 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

Chuck 

Yes, no brightness of color or the warmth of wood.  Like a sterile lab. Not sure why the designers are headed in this direction.  And this Revolution will transform the entire Celebrity Fleet, from what I can see, in the next 3 or 4 years.  

10 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

Chuck 

Which most millennials have never seen...

Wondering in the presentation if Michaels Club and the Retreat Lounge are a before and after or what will be on Edge ships vs the rest of the fleet. 

Edited by dkjretired

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

I saw this on facebook yesterday, and couldn't figure out what the white thing is that the crane is holding up.  Any idea?

Not sure but to me it looks like the stairs that use to go from the forward sundeck to a crows nest deck 12.   This would be in preparation of the new Retreat.

174231468788216.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Which most millennials have never seen...

Wondering in the presentation if Michaels Club and the Retreat Lounge are a before and after or what will be on Edge ships vs the rest of the fleet. 

Hi, 

In a few years, there will be another revolution and Celebrity will colorize the interiors.

Chuck 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

I personally like the look.   My tastes definitely go to contemporary.    In the past year I've had a couple of our houses remodeled and the color pallet is very similar.   

I defiantly like the look as opposed to the old dark wood and maroon.   Especially the Retreat vs Michael's Club and Rendezvous  Lounge.   They look so much bright and cheery.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

In a few years, there will be another revolution and Celebrity will colorize the interiors.

Chuck 

Hope so...the Hoppen look is bland, sterile, , depressing and boring,,.no pizzazz!

Ships need an update but looks like they will be in "whitewash" colors

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I personally like the look.   My tastes definitely go to contemporary.    In the past year I've had a couple of our houses remodeled and the color pallet is very similar.   

I defiantly like the look as opposed to the old dark wood and maroon.   Especially the Retreat vs Michael's Club and Rendezvous  Lounge.   They look so much bright and cheery.

I agree, I like the subtle pallet with accent colors here and there. In fact, that is something I have always like about Celebrity - especially when the the S-Class ships debuted - I felt the decor at the time was more sleek & modern, almost like a Westin. I never liked the foam teals, blues & corals which seemed very prevalent in the late 90's & early 2000's. Sometimes, when searching for pics of celebrity staterooms, you will come across images of cabins from that era.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Hope so...the Hoppen look is bland, sterile, , depressing and boring,,.no pizzazz!

Ships need an update but looks like they will be in "whitewash" colors

Curious - what about the current look of the M & S class ship do you find "pizazz-y?" The staterooms are a light "wood" look with white bedding & maroon accents?

36 minutes ago, Orator said:

It would have made sense to me to give Edge some time and see the reactions to venues, colors, etc before diving into a costly makeover. But that's only me and what do I know?

I feel the same way.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bhughey said:

I agree, I like the subtle pallet with accent colors here and there. In fact, that is something I have always like about Celebrity - especially when the the S-Class ships debuted - I felt the decor at the time was more sleek & modern, almost like a Westin. I never liked the foam teals, blues & corals which seemed very prevalent in the late 90's & early 2000's. Sometimes, when searching for pics of celebrity staterooms, you will come across images of cabins from that era.

The accent color in our cabin on the Edge was a dark teal...so, its back...  I know other cabins had purple accents.

2 minutes ago, ecslady said:

The accent color in our cabin on the Edge was a dark teal...so, its back...  I know other cabins had purple accents.

I don't mind teal as an accent color - I just mean and overall color pallett of pastels.

1 hour ago, CruisinRoxy said:

Yes, no brightness of color or the warmth of wood.  Like a sterile lab. Not sure why the designers are headed in this direction.  And this Revolution will transform the entire Celebrity Fleet, from what I can see, in the next 3 or 4 years.  

Personally, I would rather see something closer to Ritz Carlton.  Most of the Millennial Travel blogs I follow, view it as an ultimate treat within the Marriott hotel brand. 

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/offers/luxurysuites

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

One concern I have is what is the new deck plan for the M-class ships (and I guess s-class as well).  How many cabins are being added (especially to blu), what public spaces are being added/removed? Do non suite guests get Michael's club back?  S-class...what do the new 1A cabins with the current larger slant balconies (our current preferred cabins) become?  If a deck 12 suite area is created, how will it impact the deck 11 A1's (M-class)...and are the getting a private pool?   I just don't have even a reasonable feel for what I am actually booking as a non-suite passenger.  We are booked on the Millenium post conversion, but it's fully refundable so we'll see what happens.

I know celebrity is focused on suite passengers, but if I'm willng to pay what Celebrity is asking for a suite, I can pretty much assure you it won't be on Celebrity. We are just frequent feeling unloved 1A (s-class)/C2 or A1 (m-class) passengers

• Like 1