Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

I am finding this thread very interesting ....

I am returning to Celebrity after a five year absence because of the introduction of the new "Suite Class" and frankly, didn't really care one way or another about the new colour schemes.

Until I got off Viking Sun last week.

It was like sailing in the World's Largest Pottery Barn. While it looks fab in all of the photos, the greys, taupes, bleached wood and light blues totally got to us (and not in a good way!) by the end of the cruise.

There's just no "energy" to the environment.

Suddenly I now care about the Kelly Hoppen designs!  

ps .... does anyone know if by now she's ever actually been on a cruise yet?!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

One concern I have is what is the new deck plan for the M-class ships (and I guess s-class as well).  How many cabins are being added (especially to blu), what public spaces are being added/removed? Do non suite guests get Michael's club back?  S-class...what do the new 1A cabins with the current larger slant balconies (our current preferred cabins) become?  If a deck 12 suite area is created, how will it impact the deck 11 A1's (M-class)...and are the getting a private pool?   I just don't have even a reasonable feel for what I am actually booking as a non-suite passenger.  We are booked on the Millenium post conversion, but it's fully refundable so we'll see what happens.

I know celebrity is focused on suite passengers, but if I'm willng to pay what Celebrity is asking for a suite, I can pretty much assure you it won't be on Celebrity. We are just frequent feeling unloved 1A (s-class)/C2 or A1 (m-class) passengers

The 2nd post on the following thread has some pics of deckplans.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2617998-edgerevolutionized-ships-hmmm/

3 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Personally, I would rather see something closer to Ritz Carlton.  Most of the Millennial Travel blogs I follow, view it as an ultimate treat within the Marriott hotel brand. 

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/offers/luxurysuites

All very nice, I also  like the  look of Oceania ships , Cunard, and  Viking.. Guess it may not be just the  colors or lack thereof,  but the cheap look of the dorm style furniture, the artwork in cabins.. The total cabin decor is not to my taste  may look better  when we see it in a few days..,...but it only for a few days, not forever!

45 minutes ago, ecslady said:

The 2nd post on the following thread has some pics of deckplans.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2617998-edgerevolutionized-ships-hmmm/

Thanks..I missed that thread.  Death knell for aqua for us...there was a wait for blu before...more cabins makes it worse.  Also time to avoid m class in cold areas....less indoor space which was already crowded.  I think we’ll be ok with c2 during nice warmer cruises.  No way to judge ocean view cafe.  

Edited by ghstudio

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I personally like the look.   My tastes definitely go to contemporary.    In the past year I've had a couple of our houses remodeled and the color pallet is very similar.   

I defiantly like the look as opposed to the old dark wood and maroon.   Especially the Retreat vs Michael's Club and Rendezvous  Lounge.   They look so much bright and cheery.

I agree, I actually love the look of the new Edge cabins, just not a fan of the non balcony balconies.   Looking forward to getting back on the modernized M class ships.    Of course,  my house is pretty much all white with various shades of grey & pale wood so I guess I'm biased.  :)

PS:  I was never a fan of the S class cabins color schemes. 

Edited by cruise kitty

3 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I am returning to Celebrity after a five year absence because of the introduction of the new "Suite Class" and frankly, didn't really care one way or another about the new colour schemes.

It was like sailing in the World's Largest Pottery Barn. While it looks fab in all of the photos, the greys, taupes, bleached wood and light blues totally got to us (and not in a good way!) by the end of the cruise.

We too got off the Sun last week and loved the decor.  Here are some pix of our PHV1.

0C0AAC2E-2079-45E3-A21E-01DD92115AD9.jpeg

52FF8FD6-C7F9-4D08-A9F6-12C21A87E2A5.jpeg

26DDFC03-7A6C-4F93-9DFD-4EC804717F59.jpeg

0DA848A2-B214-4004-A911-008F688A7F05.jpeg

437E3CB9-241F-4730-9C92-D4C274EF2A4F.jpeg

D1711B04-BE3C-4A10-85A1-30AE90CBFCA9.jpeg

A55351DA-5B17-432A-8596-862E390F347F.jpeg

6 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

In a few years, there will be another revolution and Celebrity will colorize the interiors.

Chuck 

True story. And some folks will want to stick with the pharmaceutical sterile environment. Like my sister-in-laws house that I can't stand to go inside.

5 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Personally, I would rather see something closer to Ritz Carlton.  Most of the Millennial Travel blogs I follow, view it as an ultimate treat within the Marriott hotel brand. 

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/offers/luxurysuites

Still basically light grey with accents – just more accents.  Celebrity can easily add more accents later.

5 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Our initial reaction on boarding Viking Sun was "Wow!!!" – and at the end of the cruise it was still "Wow!!!"  So YMMV :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, hcat said:

All very nice, I also  like the  look of Oceania ships , Cunard, and  Viking.. Guess it may not be just the  colors or lack thereof,  but the cheap look of the dorm style furniture, the artwork in cabins.. The total cabin decor is not to my taste  may look better  when we see it in a few days..,...but it only for a few days, not forever!

Now I see what you mean [in previous posts].  We loved the look and feel of Viking Sun, and most criticisms of Edge seem to attack that design ethos as well, but you are right:  Viking Sun has a very luxurious feel in every texture, every sight line, every detail – which the pictures of Edge do not have.

2 minutes ago, CoconutOne said:

The Viking bathroom is beautiful. The rest of the cabin, not for me.

It was actually quite livable, with plenty of storage – which Celebrity has been bashed for a lack of since the debut of S-class.

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It was actually quite livable, with plenty of storage – which Celebrity has been bashed for a lack of since the debut of S-class.

I just meant the decor itself. It just looks so plain. Maybe in person it feels higher end and the pictures don't do it justice. The bathroom definitely looks higher end.

40 minutes ago, CoconutOne said:

I just meant the decor itself. It just looks so plain. Maybe in person it feels higher end and the pictures don't do it justice. The bathroom definitely looks higher end.

Heated floor!  'nough said!

Ha, ha.  Enough said about Viking, though those heated bathroom floors are really nice.  This is after all a Celebrity thread.

Let’s just see what the Millie looks like in a month from now until we all make judgements. I’m sure pix will be coming in at that time and we can all start disagreeing again.😉:classic_biggrin:  Katie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Don't know if she's cruised or not but she's often quoted about not liking colour.

Edited by Csardas

I really like the new décor, but am worried how far they will go with the Revolution.  We love Murano and would hate to see that change - normally eat their 5 or 6 times during our cruises.  We're holding back our booking for 2021 until we see what they have done.  We certainly will not be sailing on the Edge class ships as the Balconies in the Suites look most disappointing, but love the style and look of the rooms.  Will be very interesting when they unveil what they have done on the new makeover.

10 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Thanks..I missed that thread.  Death knell for aqua for us...there was a wait for blu before...more cabins makes it worse.  Also time to avoid m class in cold areas....less indoor space which was already crowded.  I think we’ll be ok with c2 during nice warmer cruises.  No way to judge ocean view cafe.  

We came to the same conclusion..esp with an interior Persian Gardens on M ships and hopes for something new in Select dining!

Our Summit 9 day Newpot, Betmuda Charleston from Bayonne is a reg balc 1A ( 1 think)

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

We came to the same conclusion..esp with an interior Persian Gardens on M ships and hopes for something new in Select dining!

Our Summit 9 day Newpot, Betmuda Charleston from Bayonne is a reg balc 1A ( 1 think)

I would love not read your reviews of Edge and Summit, once you get back.  

Our plans though 2021, just so happen to be in align with the older fleet, prior to the Revolution.