Elite Captain's Club Cocktail Hour

CHEZMARYLOU

There is a post on another site indicating Celebrity has reinstated the unlimited drinks in the Sky Lounge for Elite and above CC members.  In addition, 3 drinks will be loaded to the sea pass for use in most other bars.  On Edge it is the 3 drinks on the sea pass.

• Like 2

In the past, Celebrity only offered coupons/loaded drinks on sea pass when there were many Elites on board.  It sounds like they are experimenting with doing it more often.  I have a drink package as a perk on my next cruise, so it really does not matter to me.  On my last cruise without a drink package, I really liked the fact I could use the coupons at many of the bars.

What the OP is referencing is that when X started putting the drink coupons on the Sea Pass card, on some ships you were limited to only three drinks even if you went to the Sky Lounge for the Captain's Club Cocktail Party.   That was quite a departure from previously....and it seems now X has gone back to unlimited drinks during the CCCP's hours in the Sky Lounge and three coupons for use elsewhere.

Honestly, I think "the rules" on every ship and every cruise is whatever they decide on that ship....other than when there are a great number of elites, they use coupons of some sort. 

If experience is a good predictor, I'm sure we will continue to see the "policy" being inconsistent.

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

What the OP is referencing is that when X started putting the drink coupons on the Sea Pass card, on some ships you were limited to only three drinks even if you went to the Sky Lounge for the Captain's Club Cocktail Party.   That was quite a departure from previously....and it seems now X has gone back to unlimited drinks during the CCCP's hours in the Sky Lounge and three coupons for use elsewhere.

But with the “Revolution” of the fleet eventually there will be no Sky Lounges. What happens then? It will be interesting to see if X reverts back to a 3 drink limit on the  Sea Pass cards.

7 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

But with the “Revolution” of the fleet eventually there will be no Sky Lounges. What happens then? It will be interesting to see if X reverts back to a 3 drink limit on the  Sea Pass cards.

I agree with Chezmarylou.  

Where  did you read that Celebrity was going to eliminate the Sky Lounge on the Solstice Class?  I am not saying that they are not, but I have not read that it is part of the Revolution.  I would guess that it would be more like what Celebrity did with the Reflection where they reduced the size.  Unless they are moving the Luminae suite dining, I do not think they would move the Michael’s Club there.

Are you thinking that Celebrity is going to replace the whole area with new suites?

Edited by jagoffee

on solstice this month there were three coupons loaded on the card for any bar (apart from dining venues) during the elite cocktail hours or you could go to the sky lounge where they had a small section roped off and the servers didn't ask for the card so it was unlimited technically... (you show the card to get into this roped area).

The elite Celebrity HH and the Diamond HH on Royal are great, it saves us $$$ since we don't do beverage packages.

We are moderate drinkers, don't drink alcohol until happy hour and don't drink bottle water, soda or expensive coffees.

Looking forward to our next cruise in March on Eclipse.

16 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Honestly, I think "the rules" on every ship and every cruise is whatever they decide on that ship....other than when there are a great number of elites, they use coupons of some sort. 

If experience is a good predictor, I'm sure we will continue to see the "policy" being inconsistent.

Inconsistent is the name of the game.  We were on Solstice and the Sky Lounge cocktail hour(s) took place as usual.  We had no drinks loaded on our Sea Passes.    The same thing applies to water in Aqua Class.  On one cruise, we had it replenished daily.  On another, just two bottles.

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I agree with Chezmarylou.  

Where  did you read that Celebrity was going to eliminate the Sky Lounge on the Solstice Class?  I am not saying that they are not, but I have not read that it is part of the Revolution.  I would guess that it would be more like what Celebrity did with the Reflection where they reduced the size.  Unless they are moving the Luminae suite dining, I do not think they would move the Michael’s Club there.

Are you thinking that Celebrity is going to replace the whole area with new suites?

I didn’t read it anywhere. I was looking to book a future cruise and happened to pick one of the S-class ships post revolution. The suite categories included 4 Signature suites and one unnamed suite, probably the equivalent to the Reflection. When I selected a Signature suite, the website showed the area where it was located - the Sky Lounge. X still hasn’t updated their websites, they still show the Sky Lounge when you select the top suites.

Perhaps not all of the Sky Lounge will be sacrificed, the area where the conference rooms are could be for the Signature suites, but then where does the Reflection suite go?

You can check it out here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomNumber/chooseRoom?pID=EQ10D028&sDT=2020-05-13&sCD=EQ&aCB=false&sCT=CO

Edited by C-Dragons

c-dragons....excellent catch.....and clearly one of the reasons they don't want to actually show the new deck plans....once again, less public space for those colder/rainy days when you just want to find a comfortable place to sit and read....and sitting on my bed in my cabin is not that place

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I didn’t read it anywhere. I was looking to book a future cruise and happened to pick one of the S-class ships post revolution. The suite categories included 4 Signature suites and one unnamed suite, probably the equivalent to the Reflection. When I selected a Signature suite, the website showed the area where it was located - the Sky Lounge. X still hasn’t updated their websites, they still show the Sky Lounge when you select the top suites.

Perhaps not all of the Sky Lounge will be sacrificed, the area where the conference rooms are could be for the Signature suites, but then where does the Reflection suite go?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomNumber/chooseRoom?pID=EQ10D028&sDT=2020-05-13&sCD=EQ&aCB=false&sCT=CO

Good catch!

The unnamed suite has the front left corner of the Sky Lounge and the Signature Suites are in place of all of the conference rooms.

Where will they hold meetings and special events?

And where do you expect they will put all of the new Aqua class staterooms people have complained about?

Edited by chamima

The new layout on Equinox with the Signature Suites shows the same deck plan as Reflection with a smaller, but still there, Sky Lounge.  We were just on Reflection and found the Sky Lounge to be adequate in size.

The Conference Center on Reflection is in the space occupied by Quasar on Equinox so they might move it there and eliminate Quasar.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

39 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The new layout on Equinox with the Signature Suites shows the same deck plan as Reflection with a smaller, but still there, Sky Lounge.  We were just on Reflection and found the Sky Lounge to be adequate in size.

The Conference Center on Reflection is in the space occupied by Quasar on Equinox so they might move it there and eliminate Quasar.

Or maybe Quasar will be converted to “The Club” like the one on the Edge.

You are correct, the Sky Lounge on the Reflection is adequate (we've sailed her 5 times 😊). So hopefully X will not eliminate them entirely on the rest of the ships.

Edited by C-Dragons

21 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There is a post on another site indicating Celebrity has reinstated the unlimited drinks in the Sky Lounge for Elite and above CC members.  In addition, 3 drinks will be loaded to the sea pass for use in most other bars.  On Edge it is the 3 drinks on the sea pass.

We are currently on Reflection where there are 1200+ Elites or higher.

Happy Hour drinks are unlimited in the Sky Lounge which is closed off to everyone but Elites or higher. 

At all other bars (except World Class Bar) you present your seapass card where you are allowed up to 3 drinks

196E9312-0FE7-4F69-8CB3-2D6F5916332A.jpeg

3755CA58-976E-484B-BF73-819D26AF40EF.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

We are currently on Reflection where there are 1200+ Elites or higher.

Happy Hour drinks are unlimited in the Sky Lounge which is closed off to everyone but Elites or higher. 

At all other bars (except World Class Bar) you present your seapass card where you are allowed up to 3 drinks

196E9312-0FE7-4F69-8CB3-2D6F5916332A.jpeg

3755CA58-976E-484B-BF73-819D26AF40EF.jpeg

celebrity is truly amazing.  I was on the reflection TA last fall and even started a thread describing a permanent change of hours on that ship (and according to the CC hostess, the entire fleet) to 4:30-7:30 and coupons valid in the restaurants.

Skip forward 2 1/2 months, we are back to 5-7 on the same ship and not clear if the coupons are good in the restaurants.

While it is a perk, it really would be nice to know what to expect when you take a cruise....there really is a need for celebrity to implement some fleet policy and follow that policy on so many things.....

Edited by ghstudio

I remember your post, ghstudio.   I was going to choose another perk other than the beverage package, then later threads made me change my mind.

It would be nice to know ahead of time what the policy is and that it will remain.

3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Got it.  Nice catch.  As other have mentioned, it looks similar to the Reflection, so it might just be a smaller Sky Lounge.

4101 is the most expensive suite, even more than the Penthouse.  I would thing they would officially name it something beside Reflection, but maybe.

That is good news IMO.  I like the Sky Lounge for relaxing during the day.

Edited by jagoffee

58 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Got it.  Nice catch.  As other have mentioned, it looks similar to the Reflection, so it might just be a smaller Sky Lounge.

4101 is the most expensive suite, even more than the Penthouse.  I would thing they would officially name it something beside Reflection, but maybe.

That is good news IMO.  I like the Sky Lounge for relaxing during the day.

When I first saw the area on the deck plans for the “new” suites to be added, my first thought was X was going to use the entire area of the Sky Lounge. As I mentioned earlier, I hope that they don’t.

The price of the new (Reflection) suites is not surprising, as it has always been the most expensive suite on the Reflection. I could see X eventually naming these suites after the ships they are added to.

Edited by C-Dragons