What am I missing here with RC cruise planner and their pricing that changes often

I booked my cruise.

Went into cruise planner that night and looked at excursions

All excursions was labelled 'Book early and save'

So I booked.

Now I just went back and looked at them....they aren't saying "book early and save'...just says excursions....but all the prices are LOWER than what I just paid 3 days ago when it was still in 'early discount'

Not sure what to do here....in the grand scheme of things its about $150 delta so not exactly the end of the world....but still....should I cancel them all and rebook?  Call on the phone and request to be credit the difference?

I've opted for the more expensive route for RCL....and having someone do it on the phone for me 😉

Man....that's frustrating...I knew it was like with the drink packages because I was watching them from my previous cruising...but didn't think I needed monitor these excursions like that.

All fixed up...I can see how it 'benefits' them.....

1. Cancel and rebuy flow meaning 5-7 days before credit is issued....so just a little margin to be made there in fraction of cents of interest

2. Some people might not have the credit headroom after paying for the cruise, then excursions, and not actually able to basically pay twice upfront and then wait a week for a refund

sheesh

Our last cruise, I kept watch on the prices of everything purchased in the planner. Rebooked one excursion 3 separate times because of price drops. The changes were usually small, but things add up. Worth the effort, in my opinion.

Heck, it is not just excursions where the prices go up, down and around.  It is becoming ridiculous with Royal Caribbean, where every time I turn around I have to look up the price of my upcoming cruises (four of them) as prices are always changing.  On one upcoming cruise with final payment looming, we repriced three times in five days (I kid you not).  All to our benefit and even upgraded to balcony guarantee from inside allocated for $16 dollars more total.    

Where appropriate, you could of course save a shedload regardless by doing your own DIY excursions (just sayin' lol).

But agreed, the prices for almost everything on the cruise planner fluctuate quite wildly, and ridiculously often. I'd have thought it would be counter productive for RCL overall, with cancellations and rebookings, but obviously not.

Edited by BillieJeanKaraokeKing