Drinks at Chops Grille

Mike From Syd

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the menu it states in the fine print that an 18% gratuity will be added to the check for the boozy coffees. 

I think I can get the same drinks from cafe at 270 and the promenade (going on ovation 2nd time round in December) without the gratuity (using the deluxe drinks package which I will purchase pre-cruise).

I'd rather wait until I experience the service and get to the end of the whole meal/dinning experience before I decide how much to tip.

Anyway I'm going solo on this one and if I do eat at chops it will most likely be lunch. At this stage the only specialty dinning I am doing is the Solarium Bistro dinner (first time). Hopefully being solo at dinner won't be too awkward.

Does this make sense? Am I being a tight shyte?

Thanks for getting back to me. I thought this was a dead thread.

Hi Mike,  the drinks (including gratuities) throughout the ship are included in the beverage package. So no matter where you purchase your drink - 270 or Chops - it will be included in the package with no extra gratuity to pay. 

Went to Chops for the first time over Xmas and it was a great meal, so go if you get the opportunity! 

What did you enjoy when you went to chops (incl. drinks)? My partner and I had chops twice on our last cruise (Voyager about a year ago) and we really enjoyed the angus with red wine jus and the goats cheese salad. 

Also do you have any experience with Ovation of the seas specialty dinning? I was considering Jamie's Italian (for the first time).

We did the galley brunch tour on Voyager and I might do it on Ovation too.

Thanks.

Hi Mike, the goats cheese salad was delicious!  There was so much food, I can’t actually remember all of it....I do remember DH had lamb and I had king prawns. There was so much food, I couldn’t even fit dessert in, and that’s my favourite part of the meal by far!

Not sure what I drank, either something from the wine menu or cocktail menu. This was on Explorer of the Seas. 

Have been on Ovation, but didn’t do specialty dining, however have the 5 night dining package for my next Ovation sailing in April , so looking forward to the restaurants onboard. 

I’m sure you’ll enjoy whatever you decide to do. 

Yes there are already a lot of options on Ovation.

I even hear sorentos has improved and might not just be the kind of thing you grab on the way back to your cabin after a night of drinking.

I hope you let us all know how your dinning package experience works out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Jandex,

Just wanted to know how your cruise this month on Ovation turned out

Any particular things I should look out for - dining, shows, etc?

Did your 5 night dining package work out?

Did they have the fancy dessert buffet with the chocolate fountain at the Windjammer on the last port of call night?