Didn't Celebrity used to mail luggage tags?

mafig

I'm sorry.  I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times, and I just skipped over those threads.

My last Celebrity cruise was only a little over a year ago.  However, I recall that I asked for my luggage tags to be mailed to me.  There was that option on the cruise planner.  I can't seem to find it now.  All I see is "VIEW" luggage tags.  I will print them, of course.  But it was nice to get the "official" ones in the mail.

Does this option to request them still exist and I just don't see it?

Essiesmom is correct, there is still an option to have them mailed. There is a section in the Travel Documents link to request the hard copy ones to be mailed to you.  My next cruise is a little over 60 days away and the link is not yet available.  I'm thinking it becomes available at 60 days out but perhaps as late as 30. 

Like you I aways like receiving my "official" luggage tags in the mail as another sign that my cruise is getting nearer.

I ordered them about 30 days out, and they never showed up.  I called the Captain's Club, and they ordered them for me -- came in about a week.  When we got back from the cruise, there was a set of luggage tags in the mail.  Not sure if they were the ones I originally ordered, or the ones the Captain's Club ordered for me.:classic_wacko:

on our last cruise (reflection TA last year), we called celebrity three times...once to captain's club...and our TA twice a month before the cruise.  Everyone said...no problem be sure they'll be sent out.  Well, they did...and we had multiple tags in our held mail when we got back from the cruise.....nothing arrived prior to our leaving a few days early for the cruise,.

Just now, Wine-O said:

I ordered them about 30 days out, and they never showed up.  I called the Captain's Club, and they ordered them for me -- came in about a week.  When we got back from the cruise, there was a set of luggage tags in the mail.  Not sure if they were the ones I originally ordered, or the ones the Captain's Club ordered for me.:classic_wacko:

We did this a couple of years ago - ordered them online about 40 days out, waited a couple of weeks without receiving them, and called. They ordered tags for me and both sets arrived on the same day, about 5 days before we were flying out.

My cruise is 48 days.  When I click on "View Luggage Tags" a color copy of the tag appears, which can be printed.  It's just that I also recall an option of "Order Luggage Tags" before.  

When you say call, it's to the Captain's Club, right?

Is this only for US residents?  When I did a cruise on the Eclipse last November, I looked for, but never saw, the option to request luggage tags.  I checked multiple times and it just wasn't there leading me to think it only applied for US residents.  

38 minutes ago, mafig said:

My cruise is 48 days.  When I click on "View Luggage Tags" a color copy of the tag appears, which can be printed.  It's just that I also recall an option of "Order Luggage Tags" before.  

We tried everything a month or so before our TA last year...we asked for them on-line, called celebrity customer service, called captain's club, called our TA.....as I said in previous post, we had multiple tags in our held mail when we returned from our cruise.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Call the Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654.

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

on our last cruise (reflection TA last year), we called celebrity three times...once to captain's club...and our TA twice a month before the cruise.  Everyone said...no problem be sure they'll be sent out.  Well, they did...and we had multiple tags in our held mail when we got back from the cruise.....nothing arrived prior to our leaving a few days early for the cruise,.

We had the same experience, except we spoke to 3 X Reps and only one set of tags was in our mail when we returned home. The third Rep we spoke to said they could see an “error message” in our reservation when the first attempt was made to order the tags. First X cruise since 2003 that we didn’t get luggage tags prior to sailing.

2 hours ago, effinaround said:

Is this only for US residents?  When I did a cruise on the Eclipse last November, I looked for, but never saw, the option to request luggage tags.  I checked multiple times and it just wasn't there leading me to think it only applied for US residents.  

Our last cruise was in November on the Eclipse and I called Captains Club and had no problem having them mailed to Canada. Received them within 7 days. 

21 minutes ago, George C said:

We had them mailed after talking to captain club this was last March. Really like that they still mail them , most other limes have stopped 

Amen to that! We're getting ready to do our first 'family cruise' on RC. Back when we used to sail on RC, they mailed everyone luggage tags. Now it's just the folks in the 'real' suites (our junior suite doesn't count). So now, I've got to tackle the dreaded 'arts-n-crafts' project: Find a working color printer (not so easy in this house), and print out those templates. Then, cover both sides with plastic tape; find my hole-punch (I KNOW it's around here, someplace) -- and ask my DH where he keeps his stash of zip-ties. And yep -- I know that you can order very nice reusable luggage tag holders. In fact, I bought a set several years ago. I think that they are hiding someplace -- along with my hole-punch and zip-ties...SIGH...:classic_wacko:

12 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Amen to that! We're getting ready to do our first 'family cruise' on RC. Back when we used to sail on RC, they mailed everyone luggage tags. Now it's just the folks in the 'real' suites (our junior suite doesn't count). So now, I've got to tackle the dreaded 'arts-n-crafts' project: Find a working color printer (not so easy in this house), and print out those templates. Then, cover both sides with plastic tape; find my hole-punch (I KNOW it's around here, someplace) -- and ask my DH where he keeps his stash of zip-ties. And yep -- I know that you can order very nice reusable luggage tag holders. In fact, I bought a set several years ago. I think that they are hiding someplace -- along with my hole-punch and zip-ties...SIGH...:classic_wacko:

None of that is actually necessary. 

Some people just enjoy making their own luggage tags, and even decorating them in unique ways.

RC tags our bags for us when we check them in at the pier,  just as the other cruise lines, including Celebrity, also do.

Those porters tag the bags much more quickly and efficiently than we can do it ourselves.

(Somebody expressed concern that a porter might tag a bag incorrectly, but all you need to do is glance at the tag to see if they put the right stateroom number on it.)

We have been cruising for years, on different cruise lines, and have never printed our own luggage tags. 

At one time we used to request them by mail, but now we don't even bother with that.

We never have had to make a call for the tags.  Just click on the box to have them mailed and they show  up each time within a week.  You have to wait for the "box' to appear 49 days out.

In those  circumstances in which you do not receive the tags, just have the porters at the dock write one up.  Very easy and efficient process.  

• Like 1