Seeking your expert advice

HOSKI

Looking for a little advice on our limited time in Bermuda.  It will be myself (51) and two daughters 13 & 8.  We arrive at 1 pm on a Monday and leave on Tuesday at 2:30.  I'm trying to maximize our time there without overwhelming the little one as she has some special needs and without breaking the bank.

Here is my plan so far:

Day 1 - Get off ship ASAP, buy ferry tickets and get ferry to Hamilton for a self guided walking tour and hopefully to purchase some trinkets.  Would like to visit the fort and hear it is a steep 10 minute walk so may grab a cabin to there and walk back because there are some breathing issues in our group.  Is anything open after 5 in Hamilton?  Thinking if we could grab a sweet and a seat before grabbing the ferry back to the ship.  Is there anything family friendly to do in Hamilton or the dockyard on Monday evenings?  Everywhere I look things close at 5.  We plan to have dinner on the ship and getting back off depends if we find something to do.

Day 2 - I thought we would use this day to visit the dockyard including the museum and glass works so we don't have to worry about rushing back to the ship from somewhere else.  We probably will try the mini golf there. 

Originally I wanted to do BAMZ and a brief drive around part of the island but I don't think time allows this.  I may contact one of the tour operators about doing an evening tour but I'm not sure we will see much at night so that comes down to cost verses value.  It looks like the ferry tickets are $5 each way for adults and $2.50 for the kids, correct? 

Looking for a little advice on our limited time in Bermuda.  It will be myself (51) and two daughters 13 & 8.  We arrive at 1 pm on a Monday and leave on Tuesday at 2:30.  I'm trying to maximize our time there without overwhelming the little one as she has some special needs and without breaking the bank.

What is your sailing date and ship?

I would make some detailed comments on your itinerary, but that may have to wait a week as I am embarking on Harmony of the Seas this morning. I don’t know if I will have much luck getting on CC with this new forum software. Hopefully others with knowledge will reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really won't have a lot of time.

Personally, I'd probably skip Hamilton. 

I think you would probably enjoy BAMZ. While normally we would not recommend ship's tours in Bermuda, since you aren't going to be there for long, in this case, if they have one, I would book it. 

Maybe take a shuttle to Horseshoe beach. Just not sure if the weather will still be good. 

On your second day, I would definitely stick to staying in the Dockyard. 

17 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I think you would probably enjoy BAMZ. While normally we would not recommend ship's tours in Bermuda, since you aren't going to be there for long, in this case, if they have one, I would book it. 

I wasn't sure we would have enough time to get off the ship the first day and get to the BAMZ and see it before it closes at 5.  From what I saw to get there it is either the ferry to Hamilton then a taxi there or a taxi from the dockyard which is 45 minutes.

I wasn't sure we would have enough time to get off the ship the first day and get to the BAMZ and see it before it closes at 5.  From what I saw to get there it is either the ferry to Hamilton then a taxi there or a taxi from the dockyard which is 45 minutes.

You can probably do it on your own, ferry to Hamilton and get to BAMZ early enough. The question would be the ferry schedule. Have to wait until April to see the summer ferry schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk