Ephesus tour question from kusadasi

Looking for recommended tour companies for ephesus from kusadasi port. Would like to see the terrace houses as well. We are arriving in kusadasi port on holland america koningsdam in Sept . Thanks in advance for your responses

David

• Like 1

We have used Ephesus Shuttle three times and were very happy with them. There is an extra charge for the Terrace Houses, but well worth it. If Melike, a young lady, is still guiding for them, she is excellent. Kusadasi and Ephesus is one of our favorite ports.

Rick

• Like 1

We had an excellent tour with http://www.ottitravel.com/7/info/private-tours.htm. Definitely recommend them! As well as Ephesus and the terrace houses, we went to the railway museum, which was great!

(This was the tour with the train museum included: http://mobile.ephesustours.biz/tour_details.php?codename=ephesuskirazli&type=c)

Edited by marylizcat
Added tour link
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I too am looking for a shore excursion to Ephesus and possibly another archeological site nearby.  DH and I would like to join a small group tour that does not spend time rug or leather shopping.  Do any of those tours already recommended here fit our parameters ?  Are there any others you'd suggest?  I've considered Holland America shore excursions, Viator, and Shore Excursions Group, but all of those either spend time shopping and/or have mixed reviews.  Turkey is the main reason we booked this cruise.  We don't want to miss out.

6 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I too am looking for a shore excursion to Ephesus and possibly another archeological site nearby.  DH and I would like to join a small group tour that does not spend time rug or leather shopping.  Do any of those tours already recommended here fit our parameters ?  Are there any others you'd suggest?  I've considered Holland America shore excursions, Viator, and Shore Excursions Group, but all of those either spend time shopping and/or have mixed reviews.  Turkey is the main reason we booked this cruise.  We don't want to miss out.

The company I recommended in my post #4 above had two options. You could have a free lunch in return for attending a carpet demonstration or you could pay for your lunch and skip the carpets. Your choice! Just agree it beforehand. 

If it is a private tour with any company, you can lay down the rules regarding shopping stops. It is only on group tours that you are stuck with what their stops. Just spell out your requirements.

• Like 1

My husband and I really liked Ephesus Shuttle: We had reserved a private tour for just the two of us, left the ship early and were the first tourists in the gate when the site opened.  Our guide was wonderful.  Before we started, he said, "I am supposed to ask if you would like to visit a rug factory too." We politely declined and that was the end of it.  My suggestion is that your wishes be made clear to tour operator right from the beginning (before any money is exchanged) and if they give you any hassle, select another company.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We used Levent Solmaz for private tours in Turkey.  The first time we docked in Kusadasi, he took us to Ephesus including the terrace houses. On our second visit, he took us to a small village up in the mountains. They were both excellent. We highly recommend him. He's easy to work with, speaks English perfectly and is extremely knowledgeable. 

I'd like to add my enthusiastic recommendation for tour guide Levant Solmaz. We spent a memorable day with him touring Ephesus  – including the then newly-opened terrace houses – as well as Mary's House and the Temple of Artemis. Levant also took us to lunch at a wonderful local café that used fresh ingredients from its own garden.

Here is the contact information I have for him: http://leventsolmaz.com/

I also have a blog post with photos and the story of our day there which you might find helpful:

https://www.themodernpostcard.com/kusadasi-turkey-ephesus-marys-house-temple-artemis/

Good luck planning your day in Ephesus. It's a spectacular place!

Mary

Travel Blog: www.themodernpostcard.com

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/28/2019 at 7:22 PM, maryogreen said:

I'd like to add my enthusiastic recommendation for tour guide Levant Solmaz. We spent a memorable day with him touring Ephesus  – including the then newly-opened terrace houses – as well as Mary's House and the Temple of Artemis. Levant also took us to lunch at a wonderful local café that used fresh ingredients from its own garden.

Here is the contact information I have for him: http://leventsolmaz.com/

I also have a blog post with photos and the story of our day there which you might find helpful:

https://www.themodernpostcard.com/kusadasi-turkey-ephesus-marys-house-temple-artemis/

Good luck planning your day in Ephesus. It's a spectacular place!

Mary

Travel Blog: www.themodernpostcard.com

Thanks for the recommendation of Levant Solmaz.  We will be in Ephesus in May 2021, and I contacted him about doing a private tour.  He was very responsive and detailed about what we would see and I thought the cost was very reasonable.  We are looking forward to the tour and appreciate being able to read our blog post too.

13 hours ago, HRPro said:

Thanks for the recommendation of Levant Solmaz.  We will be in Ephesus in May 2021, and I contacted him about doing a private tour.  He was very responsive and detailed about what we would see and I thought the cost was very reasonable.  We are looking forward to the tour and appreciate being able to read our blog post too.

HRPro, You're very welcome! I'm delighted to hear that Levant is still doing tours. You are sure to have a fantastic day. Another tip: If possible, visit Ephesus early. Levant met our ship as soon as we were cleared and dropped us off in Kusadasi mid-afternoon. It really helped to get ahead of the crowds and the heat! 

Mary

Travel Blog: https://www.themodernpostcard.com