Same sex couples on Fred Olsen cruises

PBfromDC

How welcome would a male couple be on a Fred Olsen Cruise - thinking about fellow passengers, not crew. My husband and I are American, in our early 60’s, well traveled, and not wild partiers. Looking at a March 2020 trans-Atlantic cruise on the Braemar. Thank you for your comments.

I doubt that anyone would bat an eyelid.  Brits are very liberal minded these days and Olsen passengers are easy going.  Presumably you will be sailing from the Caribbean because I don't think the Braemar travels to the USA.  

Quite a few on our recent Fred cruise.  Don't see it as a problem to be honest. 😊

If you do Facebook, there's a lovely Fred Olsen Cruise Group on there. 

Braemar is a lovely ship - she is quite small if you are used to the large American ships but she's very friendly 

There won't be any problem.

My wife and I still have a chuckle about our first ever cruise which was on Princess - she clocked the notice for the daily "Friends Of Dorothy" get togethers and expressed an interest in attending out of curiousity - without a clue as to what they were about. Fortunately she didn't follow this up.

On our next cruise, also Princess, she casually asked fellow diners one evening what the name meant - and got a huge red face when her innocence was exposed by the explanation.

Enjoy your FO experience.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:05 PM, PBfromDC said:

How welcome would a male couple be on a Fred Olsen Cruise - thinking about fellow passengers, not crew. My husband and I are American, in our early 60’s, well traveled, and not wild partiers. Looking at a March 2020 trans-Atlantic cruise on the Braemar. Thank you for your comments.

No one would think twice about it. They are more likely to be interested in the fact that you are American, as Fred generally only has Brits. You would be very welcome.

I sailed with a number of cruise lines as one partner in a gay male couple between 1995 and 2011 without ever experiencing a problem.  Since my partner died in 2012 I have sailed both solo and with another gay male friend.  I have found cruise ship passengers on both British and American lines to be accepting and welcoming.

• 2 weeks later...

On my last Fred Olsen cruise, we met a lovely gay couple and they were embraced into our quiz team with an elderly couple and a single young person. Everything is relaxed on a cruise. we are all in the same boat (pun intended) and there for the fun. Doesn't matter what sexuality you are, it matters what cruises you have done and where you have been, as we are all looking for tips for the next cruise.

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1