No AC on Anthem of the Seas

32 minutes ago, Felipevergarac said:

It’s been 2 nights without air conditioner on the cabins and some public areas while sailing the caribbean on Anthem of the Seas. 81 degrees on interior rooms at night, impossible to get a good sleep, not a word from the captain or anyone else.

What deck is you cabin on?  What public areas are having issues?  You are keeping something in the master switch in you cabin so the a/c operate at night?

I’m on deck 10, but it’s not just my cabin, it’s a general problem, the cabin attendants are the ones apologizing, and few cabins got a portable fan. From guest service are saying that they don’t know how long is going to take to fix the problem, it’s probable that the rest of the cruise will be like this.

1 minute ago, Felipevergarac said:

I’m on deck 10, but it’s not just my cabin, it’s a general problem, the cabin attendants are the ones apologizing, and few cabins got a portable fan. From guest service are saying that they don’t know how long is going to take to fix the problem, it’s probable that the rest of the cruise will be like this.

That is not good!  I hope they get it fixed soon.  We sail in less than 2 weeks, will make sure I pack my little travel fan.

47 minutes ago, Felipevergarac said:

1 minute ago, psternklar said:

Felipevergarac, what deck are you on?  Good luck....

Machines do break down. 

It's often difficult to repair a machine at sea due to parts availability.

All the same, t hey shold be able to dhip parts to a port and have it replaced alongside.

Worst case, they will repair it once back to the home port.

Not good for you on the ship.

I would imagain they could offer some compensation.

Is the ship full? I would want a cabin change, 81 deg is not tolerable.

• Like 1

The ship has 4 large A/C units in the engine room, that chill a fresh water system that then circulates this chilled water around the ship to cool the air at the various locations.  Public spaces and the fresh air supply to the cabins are done at large air handlers (coolers) that service several areas, each cabin has a cooler that gets this chilled water to cool the recirculated air in the cabin.  If there were one of the A/C chillers down, it would only show up as a general heating up of all spaces on the ship, as the common chilled water system would not be getting cooled enough.  This "traveling" problem sounds like one I had that took several days to trace down.  If air gets into the chilled water system, it will collect at the highest points (those air handlers and cabins at the highest part of the particular loop of chilled water, and this air cuts down on the cooling area in the air handler.  They need to find the source of the air (ours was a water cooled air compressor that was added at a later date and not well documented), stop it, and then bleed out the air from the system, which can take a while.  This is a serious problem for guest relations, and a difficult one for engineering.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Felipevergarac said:

It’s been 2 nights without air conditioner on the cabins and some public areas while sailing the caribbean on Anthem of the Seas. 81 degrees on interior rooms at night, impossible to get a good sleep, not a word from the captain or anyone else.

We're on the 8th deck and it's been a nightmare for the last 2 nights with temperatures around 80 degrees. We have a 1 year old with us so it's been especially miserable since he needs to nap around 1pm. As a result he's been very fussy and it's been a real bad experience overall.

We contacted guest services and they said that they're waiting to hear back from headquarters about what sort of compensation they can offer us. 

Needless to say, we are very frustrated!

Edited by Spqr105

3 minutes ago, Felipevergarac said:

I’ve heard some passengers saying that they will sleep on public areas, guess with a baby thats not an option for you, I hope it  get fixed soon so you can enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Ya, it's a real shame. We tried opening the door to the balcony but it's way more humid outside. 

Hopefully they give us adequate compensation but I doubt it. 

We tried to move to another room but they said it's sold out.