Where to "freshen up" on South Beach?

PhotoMike

So we (2 adults/2kids) have the typical situation of a late afternoon (4:30pm) flight after disembarking the Carnival Victory in March 2019 in Miami. I've been exploring the options of things to do instead of a long day waiting at MIA, and think that the "store our stuff at Luggage Lounge and go visit the beach" route might be a fun way to kill about 4 or so hours before Ubering to the airport. My question is this: After visiting the beach & all that entails (sand, sunscreen, sweat), are there facilities available to get cleaned up & changed into our "flying home" clothes? From my research, I've found that there are public restrooms with showers scattered along Ocean Drive, but am wondering if anyone has had first-hand experience with them?  I realize that a day room would be a great option for this, but I've weighed the cost vs. our actual time post-cruise, and think that this would be money better spent elsewhere.(i.e. it would be about a hundred dollar shower..lol) Thanks for any tips that you can share!

There are outdoor showers suitable for rinsing off the sand but not much else. 

No changing rooms, and the public restrooms are vile and very frequently used for every sort of activity but their designed purpose.

What ages are your kids? Especially during the teeth of spring break South Beach is not what one would call "family friendly". You may have to gently educate them about the sights, sounds (and smells) they would be encountering for the first time.

Just now, fishywood said:

What ages are your kids? Especially during the teeth of spring break South Beach is not what one would call "family friendly". You may have to gently educate them about the sights, sounds (and smells) they would be encountering for the first time.

They are youngsters (9 and 12), and yes, we are right smack-dab in the middle of spring break time for this cruise. Well, I may have to resort to a different strategy on this one.  Thank you for your insight!