Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2019

barbpretz

10 minutes ago, wbierbra said:

How did you buy your shares?  We were going to do this a year ago but advisor advised us not to.

I bought them on etrade about 4 years ago, at the time I bought it was about $41 a share. Lately, we've been getting about .50 a share in dividends. Combine that with the $500 in obc we'll get this year for our two cruises, it makes sense for us!

I am brand new to Princess on an Alaska land/cruise tour this June. I have been on 6-7 Carnival cruises but have never ventured to another line. This is a trip gifted by my Mother in law to her kids and spouses. Very generous and very appreciated. 4 first time cruisers on this trip so I am very much looking forward to their reaction of cruising and everyone's first time in Alaska. I'm loving all the great things I'm hearing about Princess. Thanks for the "secrets" and keep em coming. Doing all the research now on our ports Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan along with the land portion 4 days in Fairbanks and Denali. 🙂

• Like 2

How did you buy your shares?  We were going to do this a year ago but advisor advised us not to.

I told my advisor to buy the shares.  If your advisor advised you not to make the purchase, he may not have been aware of the onboard credit benefits you receive from the cruise line.  He may have based his opinion solely on the dividend yield or his guess about the future market price of the stock.  At today's price, the onboard credit you will get for a 14 day cruise will cover the cost of 4-1/2  shares of the 100 shares you must buy to get the credit.  The dividends you get will help recover your cost of the stock also.

Remember, your advisor is just that--an advisor.  You are the one who makes the decisions.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 10:13 PM, TracieABD said:

If you are on one of the older ships (older than the Royal class builds), if you are are confused about which hallway to enter to get to your room... look down at the carpet--- on the edges there will be a red border or a blue border. 

The red border is for the Portside (Port= red like the wine) and the blue border is for Starboard. The waves in the border go to front of the ship.

I just saw something similar on the Crown Princess.  On the deck where our cabin was (Carib Deck), the hallways for both sides had a similar pattern, but the one on the Starboard side had green dots, and the one on the Port side had red dots.  🙂

• Like 1

If your willing to be upgraded only to the next category like from Balcony to Mini Suite, have your booking marked “Mita Upgrade” which means you’re only interested in the next higher category. I do this every time I make a booking. I do this every time I make a booking. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

we have been told by crew members, that even more important (because corporate sees it) is putting their names & our compliments in the e-mail survey you receive after the cruise...so we try to do both

On a couple of occasions I have done the cards, the survey, and then followed up with email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com  I have received very nice phone calls in return thanking me for my comments and assuring me that they would be forwarded to the crew members mentioned as well as their supervisors.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ldyandrea said:

I just saw something similar on the Crown Princess.  On the deck where our cabin was (Carib Deck), the hallways for both sides had a similar pattern, but the one on the Starboard side had green dots, and the one on the Port side had red dots.  🙂

7 hours ago, Ldyandrea said:

If I get close enough to look at the carpet, I can usually see a cabin number and know if it’s even, I’m on Port side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2019 at 6:50 PM, Stonewolf Cruiser said:

For desert in the MDR, request a volcano.  It won’t be on the regular menu, but your waiter will gladly grant your request.  Make sure you have room for a LOT of ice cream.

Of all the tips and secrets given out, this one is the best!!! I’m ice cream crazy and will do anything for it.  Thanks for the tip! I promise to keep it a secret. (Not). 

Glenn

Other old tips:

preorder bottled water for your stateroom, $6.90 for 12. Much easier than carryon.

preorder liquor for your room, around $18 for 375ml (12oz) good for two to eight drinks.

Show up at the entertainment venue at least 15 minutes prior to the start time for a decent seat. - all entertainment is free

(No reservations required or accepted)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

Of all the tips and secrets given out, this one is the best!!! I’m ice cream crazy and will do anything for it.  Thanks for the tip! I promise to keep it a secret. (Not). 

Glenn

Secret you can’t keep a Volcano a secret. It may irrupt on your table. Just kidding I have at least 1 or 2 very cruise. 😋

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

B9B6B5D8-9E22-4E36-9AC4-43A613B14197.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Secret you can’t keep a Volcano a secret. It may irrupt on your table. Just kidding I have at least 1 or 2 very cruise. 😋

Tony

7 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

Nice! Now I have to go to the grocery store!  Lol. 

Thanks Tony!

Glenn

When I order a Volcano, our tablesmates giggle, but order one the next night. On one cruise, it spread to the tables around us. 

To me it’s a vertical banana split, with as much whipped cream as you want. Yum!