Beach Towels

wadecruiser

:) I believe the Carnival website states that you can take their towels ashore for your use. Under no circumstance do you want to LOSE or LEAVE these towels, as you will be held accountable at the rate of $22 a towel. I'm considering just buying a cheap towel (and much more colorful) to keep myself out of that situation.

I musta got the really plush towels last month on the Valor...because the note said I would be charged $40 a towel if I lost it!...but I was careful and returned it dirty to my bathroom floor everyday from the beach...and a new clean one was made available to me for the next mornings adventures!

They are provided but we pack our own as well. I don't want a $22 charge to show up for my forgetfulness. I know me.....I would lose it. I just wrap the bottle I smuggle on ship in the the beach towel I am bringing - it serves two purposes. Funny thing is ..I have never lost my own towel.

Do they still have the towels in the pool area?

Last Feb., on the Glory, there were a couple of towel stations where you could give them your room number and "borrow" a number of towels for the chairs. They were not the plush Carnival towels, but ordinary large towels. You still had to provide your cabin number to get them, but they were not too strict on how many they gave you.

Anybody know?

Wade - There will be the large blue Carnival beach towels in your cabin, with a note that these are for you to take on shore excursions. It will say that if lost, your Sail & Sign account will be charged $22. (Perhaps they've gone up since November?...doubtful that much though.) Before each port day, you'll receive clean beach towels.

There will be a 'towel station' on the pool deck for your use, and you turn it in before going back to your cabin.

I never use these towels. I take my own $4 WalMart beach towel. It's thinner, and packs easily. I take it on deck as well as into ports. (If it gets lost of stolen, I wouldn't worry about it like I would a Carnival towel.)

One reason I take my own is that the Carnival towels are SO big, bulky, and heavy, and would take up all the room in my tote bag. My towel works much better for me.

I've heard folks on here say they wouldn't take their own because who wants to bring a wet, sandy towel back to their cabin.....? Well, I use my towel for drying off only, so it doesn't get dirty, and it dries very quickly. Works for me!

We brought our own towels too. Bottom line was that the Carnival towels were just too big and heavy. It would have taken up my entire backpack in Cozumel. And mine was thin so it dried quickly after Grand Cayman for Cozumel. On the pool deck, we just got towels from the towel station to use.

We did not bring our own....one less thing to pack, but I was soooo stressed about those towels all week. The kids were always leaving them someplace, so I felt like I was always guarding or on the lookout for our towels. When we went ashore we only took the white bath towels. They were a good size and much easier (lighter, thinner) to carry.

Archived