Escape hot dog cart

gizfish

Just now, gizfish said:

I know when Breakaway sailed from NY, they had a hot dog cart that moved to different areas on sea days.  Now that Escape has replaced Breakaway, does anyone know if Escape has a hot dog cart?

I was on escape in July and I didn't see one. 

35 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

STOP.THE.PRESSES!!

There is a hotdog cart on the Breakaway! I am sailing next month. I joke with my family that I could eat a gas station hotdog everyday, no lie. :classic_laugh:

Are they any good?

Well, there was one, not sure if it's still there since the ship is no longer sailing out of NYC.  And yes, they are very good.  Authentic NYC street hotdogs.... Sabrett's

Edited by Mike_DeA

57 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

Well, there was one, not sure if it's still there since the ship is no longer sailing out of NYC.  And yes, they are very good.  Authentic NYC street hotdogs.... Sabrett's

Unfortunately, no longer authentic NYC dirty water dogs aka Sabretts brand. A few years ago we sailed from NYC and had the real thing from the cart, complete with Sabrett umbrella. Last Feb when we sailed on Breakaway again, they were just generic food service dogs. Still had a few with beers over at O'Shean's, but certainly, not the same thing.

• Like 1

I had a similar experience!

I sailed on Breakaway in Jan 2014, the hot dog guy was a real treat. We looked for him every day.

When We booked the 2018 cruise, that was all I talked about. Didn’t see him until the final day. By then, my best friend believed that  I had imagined him!

The quality of the dogs/ toppings were not as good.

22 hours ago, johnnyrb said:

Unfortunately, no longer authentic NYC dirty water dogs aka Sabretts brand. A few years ago we sailed from NYC and had the real thing from the cart, complete with Sabrett umbrella. Last Feb when we sailed on Breakaway again, they were just generic food service dogs. Still had a few with beers over at O'Shean's, but certainly, not the same thing.

I agree.  Like some other brand’s such as Carlo’s Bake Shop, Nickelodian, etc.,

NCL has ended its relationship with Sabrett.

The RCL Anthem of the Seas, based in Bayonne, has a “Dog House”,  quasi food truck in its indoor sportsplex, serving up some decent hotdogs...

• 1 month later...

Only saw the Hot Dog Cart once on Breakaway last month. It was parked by the entrance to Spice H2O during the NFC/AFC championship games. We had dogs and they were good but definitely not Sabretts, and the onions were cooked plain, not like the yummy ones on a NYC street corner.