Foam Rolling.... Going on a 49 Day Cruise

Looking for someone with knowledge of  equipment  in the Royal Princess Gym.  I need to Roll Out my back at least every 4/5 days due to scoliosis.  I have a slight "S" curve but I begin to get very uncomfortable and move into lower back spasms when I'm off my Foam Roller for awhile.  My Question is do I make room  in my suitcase for my Trigger Point, This   Or does Royal Princess have them?  Mine is hollow so I can put things in the hollow part; but I was wondering if I  really can do without packing one.  I could go to the spa and get a message but that would become very expensive as I would need to spend a heck of a lot of money getting those every 4/5 days.

Thanks in advance for any information.  I'm sailing off on Feb. 2nd 2019 so for me, my repacking is of the essence.  

Ramona

I’ve only been on one cruise ship with foam roller. It was a Celebrity if I remember right. They had a few 24 “ rollers. I’ve got 3 different lengths rollers at home. 36” is what I need for my back. I’ve got a couple hand held rollers for my legs and I pack 1 for cruises.

Might I suggest a yoga mat bag and put your roller in that and carry it onboard if that fits.

1 hour ago, cementhands said:

I’ve only been on one cruise ship with foam roller. It was a Celebrity if I remember right. They had a few 24 “ rollers. I’ve got 3 different lengths rollers at home. 36” is what I need for my back. I’ve got a couple hand held rollers for my legs and I pack 1 for cruises.

Might I suggest a yoga mat bag and put your roller in that and carry it onboard if that fits.

Thanks I ve decided to repack and bring my Foam Roller, 24" with me in my suitcase.  Since it's hollow I can stuff some items in it.  If I was taking a shorter cruise, I would bring it in a bag over my shoulder.  However, because I'm doing 49 days that will be basically going through four seasons, especially 'round the Horn of South America, I'm packing for four seasons   I will also be teaching on sea days, Aerobics twice a day so I'll be  changing a lot.  The classes are volunteer and only for our very large Roll Call, 300+  and with 70 people signed on even if 1/3rd show up, it will be a large class.  Thanks for your input.

Ramona

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

Thanks for that info.  roller is not relevant for me as I'm flying out to FLL  at the end of the month, their deliver date is late January, I'm going and the would be coming.  It's a new product so I don't know how effective or ineffective it is for $68.  Even in its collapsable state, it still takes up room.  With my roller,I can  stuff things inside, LOL. 

When a product is new on the market and there is no stated ship out date just a by the end of the month/year ...what happens if they can't meet that date especially if you're away.   Thanks for the information.  I'll keep an eye out for it and test it out when I see it.

Ramona

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, NotThePest_Too said:

Thanks for that info.  roller is not relevant for me as I'm flying out to FLL  at the end of the month, their deliver date is late January, I'm going and the would be coming.  It's a new product so I don't know how effective or ineffective it is for $68.  Even in its collapsable state, it still takes up room.  With my roller,I can  stuff things inside, LOL. 

When a product is new on the market and there is no stated ship out date just a by the end of the month/year ...what happens if they can't meet that date especially if you're away.   Thanks for the information.  I'll keep an eye out for it and test it out when I see it.

Ramona

How was your cruise?  Is this an exercise class that you teach on land that joined you on this cruise? Love to hear how it all worked out.  Thx!

• 3 years later...

Not relevant to OP’s question, but in case it helps fellow browsers, NCL Encore has a separate TRX room with 3 full size rollers and maybe a dozen shorter rollers! Lots of yoga mats and squishy/ short exercise mats as well.