Anyone ever stayed here ? Maison Saint Charles by Hotel RL

Mommawo

They have such mixed reviews online.  Most of the bad ones are because of hotel being dated and also not being clean. I am a bit of a clean freak.  I made a reservation for park and cruise there.  However I’m considering just staying in a nicer hotel about 30 min away and just parking at port fir convenience.  Looks like it may be about the same cost 

2 hours ago, Mommawo said:

They have such mixed reviews online.  Most of the bad ones are because of hotel being dated and also not being clean. I am a bit of a clean freak.  I made a reservation for park and cruise there.  However I’m considering just staying in a nicer hotel about 30 min away and just parking at port fir convenience.  Looks like it may be about the same cost 

That's how it was when I booked it. I remember being nervous about it because there were mixed reviews. But I was in town for a game and there was a big convention that weekend so prices were high and selection was low. I was a bit relieved they to get the other hotel. If you are open to staying a few miles away, you may want to check out the Country Inn and Suites Metaire. You can get their cruise package for $215 for your night after taxes. Free breakfast and shuttle to the port. The only catch is they don't have a shuttle back. There's a shuttle you can book for $10/pp or you can take a $15-20 uber/lyft. I stayed there last cruise. 

2 hours ago, Mommawo said:

I just noticed you were considering staying 30mins away. Definitely check out the country inn and suites. It's 7 miles away. I covered it in my live review last month. I check in at post 100 on page 3. I was off on the pricing though. it's $236 after taxes for your nights if you just need a queen bed. Which is what I did except it was like $170 for me. It's $269 for a king bed. If you need two beds it's $362.

https://www.countryinns.com/reservation/rateSearch.do?facilitatorId=GOOGLE&rateSearchForm.crossBrandSearch=&rateSearchForm.redemptionSearch=false&rateSearchForm.checkinDate=03%2F09%2F2019&rateSearchForm.checkoutDate=03%2F10%2F2019&rateSearchForm.viewAllRates=true&rateSearchForm.forcedHotelSearch=true&rateSearchForm.hotelCode=USAMETA&rateSearchForm.numberRooms=1&rateSearchForm.o[0].a=2&rateSearchForm.o[0].c=0&rateSearchForm.o[1].a=1&rateSearchForm.o[1].c=0&rateSearchForm.o[2].a=1&rateSearchForm.o[2].c=0&rateSearchForm.o[3].a=1&rateSearchForm.o[3].c=0&rateSearchForm.o[4].a=1&rateSearchForm.o[4].c=0&rateSearchForm.o[5].a=1&rateSearchForm.o[5].c=0&rateSearchForm.o[6].a=1&rateSearchForm.o[6].c=0&rateSearchForm.o[7].a=1&rateSearchForm.o[7].c=0&rateSearchForm.o[8].a=1&rateSearchForm.o[8].c=0&rateSearchForm.rmcCode=&rateSearchForm.smartBox=&rateSortFilter=(sort(availableRates))

I've got another option for you. I'm assuming you're looking in the $300 range for everything since that's what Maison St. Charles came to. You can book the Hotel Modern for $189 after taxes. I've never stayed there but it has 4 stars on trip advisor. They self park for $26. Then you book either Machu Picchu ($110 cash/115 credit), Fulton (seasonally $122/132), Port ($140). If you do Hotel Modern and their self park the first night, then park at Machu Picchu and pay cash that comes to $325 and they shuttle you to and from the port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I've got another option for you. I'm assuming you're looking in the $300 range for everything since that's what Maison St. Charles came to. You can book the Hotel Modern for $189 after taxes. I've never stayed there but it has 4 stars on trip advisor. They self park for $26. Then you book either Machu Picchu ($110 cash/115 credit), Fulton (seasonally $122/132), Port ($140). If you do Hotel Modern and their self park the first night, then park at Machu Picchu and pay cash that comes to $325 and they shuttle you to and from the port.

You certainly are a wealth of knowledge lol. I really enjoyed reading you detailed review of your last cruise I’m going on same one in March. Thanks for all your help as well as all the info you give others.  You have missed your calling as a travel agent I think 🤔 

23 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

You certainly are a wealth of knowledge lol. I really enjoyed reading you detailed review of your last cruise I’m going on same one in March. Thanks for all your help as well as all the info you give others.  You have missed your calling as a travel agent I think 🤔 

Ha. I only know New Orleans that well. I've been there a lot. Third time in four weeks on Sunday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Ha. I only know New Orleans that well. I've been there a lot. Third time in four weeks on Sunday.

Um wow that is a lot lol. You must live close ? Kinda like I know Gatliburg/Pigeon Forge so well because it’s pretty close and we go often 

1 minute ago, Mommawo said:

Um wow that is a lot lol. You must live close ? Kinda like I know Gatliburg/Pigeon Forge so well because it’s pretty close and we go often 

5-6 hour drive. But I'm a season ticket holder and we're in a playoff run..with home field advantage.

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

5-6 hour drive. But I'm a season ticket holder and we're in a playoff run..with home field advantage.

ah ok I see now.  I’m a season ticket holder to Dollywood 😂.  It’s about 2 hours away