Tipping

WJBonds

Hi Guys - experienced high end cruiser but this will be my first time on Silversea.  Yes, I know that tipping is included, but I normally tip the butlers who serve us room service.  Is this expected on the Silver Muse?

Thanks in advance.

We always donate to the Crew Welfare Fund.  We sometimes receive a "thank you" from several of the crew.  In fact, on the last voyage, the HD thanked us.  Several frequent posters gave this advice sometime ago and it seems to work well for us and the Crew. 

Edited by daddyo
wording

We do the crew fund too.  You get a nice letter from the HD and several staff will say thanks.  Tipping is not expected but, of course, it is a personal choice.  If I may make a personal plea - some feel it is useful to pre-tip (bung a few bucks at the beginning of the cruise) in the hope of getting better service; it's a bit uncouth, isn't it..  I say pre-tipping, you say bribing - let's call the whole thing off!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We also donate to the crew fund. And we  always get  a thank you letter and  many personal thanks from the crew as well.  But I also tip our butler and room attendant at the end  of the cruise,   -  people who make my bed and bring me morning coffee are  precious to me :classic_smile:

15 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

We also donate to the crew fund. And we  always get  a thank you letter and  many personal thanks from the crew as well.  But I also tip our butler and room attendant at the end  of the cruise,   -  people who make my bed and bring me morning coffee are  precious to me :classic_smile:

And we do the same, along with a couple of bartenders.