choice of car services

Staying at the Hilton Newark Penn Station and going to Cape Liberty , the hotel recommended a car service by giving me a first name and tel number of a car service. Now being a Hilton vs just a motel, I wrote it down but then thought afterwords about others on cc that mentioned ones like Dial7 and Carmel LImo. What would you do? the hotel one or others like Dial7 or Carmel Limo?

call Victor they said. Again if it was not a full service Hilton, I would not trust it. Other employees at the hotel said the same name so it's not just one person saying it. That's why I'm asking to go with a cc favorite or take the chance with the hotel.

I checked out Dial7 & Carmel and they were higher. As far as Summit, it seems like it deals mostly with airport customers. Thanks for the suggestion/help though. Wish me luck!

Edited by smalltimecruiser100

2 hours ago, DKane said:

We always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ and they set us up for limo service to and from the pier with Smile Limousine.

Great service!  No complaints!

Do you stay there for Cape Liberty Sailings?  If so, how much was the limo?  That hotel is primarily used by folks sailing from Manhattan and they have been very happy staying there. 

21 hours ago, 138east said:

Do you stay there for Cape Liberty Sailings?  If so, how much was the limo?  That hotel is primarily used by folks sailing from Manhattan and they have been very happy staying there. 

We stay there for the Manhattan sailings.  The limo is included in the price of the room which is a stay and cruise rate.  We stay overnight and leave our car there for the week with limo service to and from the pier.  Breakfast is included in the rate.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:18 PM, smalltimecruiser100 said:

I checked out Dial7 & Carmel and they were higher. As far as Summit, it seems like it deals mostly with airport customers. Thanks for the suggestion/help though. Wish me luck!

They are all pretty high.  We've used the Black Limo service a few years ago and they were good and reliable.

Have you considered staying at Embassy Suites in Elizabeth and taking their transportation services?  If you have a car, you can do the park and cruise package.  There are other hotels but we enjoyed this one.

9 hours ago, torpeedo said:

They are all pretty high.  We've used the Black Limo service a few years ago and they were good and reliable.

Have you considered staying at Embassy Suites in Elizabeth and taking their transportation services?  If you have a car, you can do the park and cruise package.  There are other hotels but we enjoyed this one.

Want to take advantage of PATH into NYC. We stayed at the Hilton Newark Penn Sta  before but used Independent Driver which is I presume is out of business when trying to contact him, number disconnected.

9 hours ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

Want to take advantage of PATH into NYC. We stayed at the Hilton Newark Penn Sta  before but used Independent Driver which is I presume is out of business when trying to contact him, number disconnected.

It appears Independent Driver is out of business.  Staying near PATH is a good strategy for excellent access to NYC for $2.75/pp.  Why is Uber or Lyft not an option?

Preference for a car service, I guess. Found out that there is no waiting time, tolls are included and they are reasonably priced for a chevy suburban they use. Sort of one size fits all. Most of the others wanted to know in advance how much luggage we had where they did not care. Said plenty of room! If we bring back souvenirs, no problem and no extra charge. Now keep in mind I have not used them before so we'll see! 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:53 AM, torpeedo said:

What transportation service does the Embassy Suites provide?

26 minutes ago, CVA34 said:

What transportation service does the Embassy Suites provide?

They use a large van service.  The van leaves around 10 am and another at 11 am.  They fit all your luggage also and if there's too many people, they call for another van. They drop you off by the luggage area and all the luggage is then handed to the porters.  They pick you up after your cruise also and bring you back to the hotel.  I love it because I don't have to load the luggage. Very convenient.

2 hours ago, CVA34 said:

Do they transport to the Manhattan terminal?

No - just Cape Liberty.

Please post more details about your plans.  Are you flying into Newark and sailing from Manhattan?  Perhaps your cruise line offers bus transfers from Newark Airport to the Manhattan Terminal.

3 hours ago, 138east said:

No - just Cape Liberty.

Please post more details about your plans.  Are you flying into Newark and sailing from Manhattan?  Perhaps your cruise line offers bus transfers from Newark Airport to the Manhattan Terminal.

We are staying one night at the Embassy Suites and have elected to take a car to the MCT. Seems like the easiest way to go for us old folks.

Edited by CVA34
spelling