Luxury all-inclusive ocean cruises- best wines?

Rick&Susan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 2:12 AM, Rick&Susan said:

I'm curious which lines- Silversea, Seabourn, Crystal, Regent, etc...- have the best included wines please?

Go to the posts on the lines and see what passengers are saying. We love RSSC and if you do not like the wine try another no problem and keep it up until you find what you enjoy. Returned in December from 24 days and we requested a champagne we liked and they always brought it. Same with reds and white. You may also purchase top labels if you choose to use your OBC. Same with drinks. Trying cocktails is fun and all included.

Silversea does not share their list of complimentary wines, due to the constant variation in inventory, but I have always been able to procure a very good wine.  Silversea's complimentary selections tend to be in the $10 to $25 USD range and one red and one white are offered at each meal.  If the proffered wines are not quite to your liking, you can inquire about a different selection or request a wine enjoyed earlier.  As an example, I am decidedly NOT a fan of over-oaked Chardonnay; I may request something more in line with a Sauv. Blanc or a Sancerre instead, or a dry Rose, which I find fantastic al fresco with a pesto alla genovese (this IS an Italian line after all; no reason to not indulge in the wonderful pasta!).

I haven't sailed with Seabourn in years, and never with Crystal or Regent, so I can't offer you any reliable info there, but the last time I did sail with Seabourn it was very similar, although I found the wines not quite as good, but still quite agreeable.  One other thing I will mention is that the prices for the Connoisseur's collection wines on Silversea can be very good bargains, and I will often come home with a few bottles for my own cellar at half the cost I could acquire them locally.

Enjoy!

Bechi