Celebrity internet packages

Sarah_13

I am looking at the unlimited internet package for two devices and the price is something like $475 for two devices. 

Are these the only options for internet packages? Do the packages differ when you are in the ship? 

And, can you pay for small sessions or per minute rather than unlimited, Or is it the only option? If so what are the rates?

Im only wanting to use it to check in with family back home everyday

Thankyou 

• Like 1

I am also following this thread....I just find the price way too high.  As yourself, I would just like to check in with the kids once a day.  From what I understand, there are various places in port that offer free wifi and this will certainly help also as we only have 1 sea day on our april cruise.

Keep in mind that if you buy one internet package on Celebrity, you can use that userid and Password on multiple devices, just not at the same time.  That means that you can sign on to the internet on your computer...finish and sign off...and then your partner can sign on using the same userid and password and do whatever and then sign off.  You do NOT need two packages if you share nicely.

Celebrity really doesn't explain this (perhaps intentionally)...but you are not buying internet per device.....you are buying internet by userid/password.....and the only reason you might need two internet packages if both users need to be signed on AT THE SAME TIME.

Note: If it's not one of my perks, We buy one "package"...my DW and I share the userid/pw ...one ipad, one windows laptop.

Edited by ghstudio
  • Like 2

The prices are generally the same on the ship as pre-booking.    Often they will have a 25% discount sale pre-boarding.     Also once on the ship they usually have a 50% sale at the 1/2 way point of the cruise. 

Other options -    Classic          10% Discount

Select  -         25% Discount 

Elite     -         30% Discount or 90 Minutes (each)

Elite+  -          35% Discount or 180 Minutes  (each)

The discounts above you have to call to have applied pre-sailing or it will be automatic on the ship.

Other options is Daily Use Pass   49.99   or  19.99  an hour 

As others have said it is very easy to share a single package between two people.    

Am going with just the one device package as it is unlikely we will both be on the internet at the same time.  However am looking at bringing along a wireless travel router with hotspot mode on our vacation to see if how well that option will work …

Thanks everyone you’ve been helpful. 

Even though I’m happy to pay, I find the prices outrageous for 7 days. And I’m not keen on spending my days in port looking for wifi! 

I didn’t realise using the same login on multiple devices was possible but I imagine that’s probably the most cost effective option, so we will probably just share as suggested. 

5 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

Using a travel router.

Yes, that allows two (or more) at the same time while in the cabin (or in range of the router)...but doesn't help if one or both of you are walking around the ship.

24 minutes ago, sasset said:

Haven't been on Celebrity since May '17. Have they done away with the Internet Lounge?

No, there is an iLounge on all the S-class ships. Lots of people don't travel with devices and need to use the computers there.

My solution to high internet charges is my T-Mobile phone service with international service. Texts and data are free, calls are 25cents a minute and it has worked everywhere except the southernmost tip of Tasmania and Russia. Simply walk off the ship almost anywhere and the phone pings to welcome you to wherever you are. This has saved me a LOT of money. I learned I can actually survive a day or two at sea without wi-fi, knowing I will connect in the next port.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, BajagirlMB said:

No, there is an iLounge on all the S-class ships. Lots of people don't travel with devices and need to use the computers there.

My solution to high internet charges is my T-Mobile phone service with international service. Texts and data are free, calls are 25cents a minute and it has worked everywhere except the southernmost tip of Tasmania and Russia. Simply walk off the ship almost anywhere and the phone pings to welcome you to wherever you are. This has saved me a LOT of money. I learned I can actually survive a day or two at sea without wi-fi, knowing I will connect in the next port.

I’ve never heard of t-mobile. Do they have prepaid sims available (I’m in aus)?I’ll be cruising in Alaska, is the service functional there? 

Edited by Sarah_13

5 hours ago, Chanbre said:

See also This thread about using two or more devices on a one-device package.

I read the thread and was kind of perplexed and annoyed at the same time.  I take single  devise internet usage (I did it last May.)  I need mostly to keep my online business running. I use  my notebook and my Kindle depending on where on the ship I am. I did not have a problem. I think my DH actually may have logged on to his Ipad once to check his email. But 99% of the usage is done by me. i would be seriously pissed if they tried to charge me for another devise.

53 minutes ago, Sarah_13 said:

I’ve never heard of t-mobile. Do they have prepaid sims available (I’m in aus)?I’ll be cruising in Alaska, is the service functional there? 

Sorry I don't know. You should look them up. The service certainly does work in Alaska, which of course is part of the US so there should be no extra charge for calls, and still offering text and data free.

17 hours ago, Sarah_13 said:

They do have prepaid, but the free data and text is for certain plans. Prepaid is not eligible. On the other hand, roaming in Canada and Mexico are included for free, but the roaming on the cruise is a different story.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BajagirlMB said:

I also have T-Mobile and love the free international data roaming and inexpensive phone calling.

3 hours ago, Mapomp said:

If the price for two devices is $475 (as stated above), how much is it for just one device? 

Thanks

It depends on the length of the cruise I think it is $299 for over 9 nights and $249 for less nights but the 9 could be a different number. These are pre any discounts for captains club level. If you take a second package in a stateroom the second one is discounted by 50%. 

6 hours ago, Mapomp said:

If the price for two devices is $475 (as stated above), how much is it for just one device? 

Thanks

I just checked my cruise planner account thing and for one device it’s $315 aud for a 7 night cruise. And that’s advertised as already being discounted by 10%. 

I was on equinox. Got the kids the unlimited package. What is not advertised on cruise planner, or anywhere basically, is that once you are on the ship you can buy an unlimited "surf" package (no streaming) for only $99 one device. From what I understand can still have texting,email, surf the internet for $99. Not sure if there is a loyalty discount or not. I complained about this "hidden" ad on my survey. 

I think they want people to purchase the more expensive package. I think this cheaper one is good enough for most of us,unless watching movies!