Introduction

Whitapers

Hello to all. I am totally new to this forum. I want to learn more about Cruisers and how to find one and every other detail. I must confess I am not all that aware about a lot if details relating to this forum. I just like to meet more people and get know more people on various forums.

Hello Whitapers welcome to Cruise Critic

Well..... I think the best thing to do is to browse the forums and read.   There are several social boards here on CC and you will find them towards the bottom of  the the website.

Otherwise read what people are asking about particular ships, what's new in the world of cruising and all kinds of other threads.

You might find that cruising is something you want to experience.  If you have any specific questions about being a newbie cruiser don't hesitate to post a question.

Welcome aboard. :classic_smile:

At first you'll find the forums are a little difficult to navigate, and the little nuances like incorporating links or following threads or doing a search on forums a little complicated - but if a dinosaur like John Bull can figure it then so can anyone.

Flip thro the forums tab at the top of the page. For ship-board queries there's one for each cruise line, and for the various destinations there are various forums listed by geography. 

If you can't figure an appropriate forum or you have a general question, this is the forum to use or the "Ask a Cruise Question" forum.

Once you've booked a cruise, join the RollCall for that cruise - you can chat with your up-coming ship-mates, mebbe fix up tour-shares & such.

There's a huge amount of information on these pages. I can't help thinking there's too much - folk do get over-whelmed.

So concentrate on stuff that you need to know for choosing a cruise - like the type of ship & its clientele, what sort of cabin, where to cruise & when to go there. Then the stuff you need to know before embarkation day - mebbe visas, currency, what to pack (and what not to pack).

To a large extent you can ignore the day-to-day stuff - fellow-cruisers and crew on the ship can put you right as you go, but most stuff just slips neatly into place.

All first cruises are great 

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull

Sauer-Kraut thanks! Yeah, I will explore this forum and I think the general section/chit chat would suit me the most. Thanks for the guidance!

puppycanducruise Ah, I guess every forum has some of those.. but you and the other two commenting on this post seem really nice. Thanks for welcoming!

John Bull Thank you for the greeting and the comprehensive response! I think one can never have too much information hahaha! But yes, I will explore this forum now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...