First time in a suite! How do we maximize the experience?

Dani24

On 1/17/2019 at 10:33 PM, Thrak said:

You forgot to add:

Invite a bunch of the people from your roll call to visit your suite to chat and, of course, offer them snacks which MUST include Peanut M&Ms. (Hey! It's the only time I've ever even been in a suite and I enjoyed the company and eating your snacks. See what makes an impression on a 28 day cruise? 😄 )

We get candy as a snack?? How does THAT happen??? 

3 hours ago, amypete said:

We get candy as a snack?? How does THAT happen??? 

We had a huge roll call for a 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise. We had a get together for those booked on the aft section of the Caribe deck. Like I said, it was a huge roll call. jagoffee volunteered use of his suite for the gathering and provided snacks and such. We were in  an aft balcony on Caribe deck so... 😎

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, dznybnd said:

Do you need to call DINE every morning to request a seating time? Or just show up?

As I understand it, for Club Class Anytime, you don't need any reservations at all. They should be able to seat you right away, or within a few short minutes of your arrival.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

As I understand it, for Club Class Anytime, you don't need any reservations at all. They should be able to seat you right away, or within a few short minutes of your arrival.

Absolutely correct. Just show up. The only times we've ever had a delay in seating was when we requested a specific server and/or a specific table or section of the dining area. Even then, the delay was only a few minutes. The host suggested we go sit in the Piazza and he/she would come find us when our table was ready. 

Worked flawlessly. 

Call the DINE line to make a reservation on one of the specialty dining venues. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dznybnd said:

Do you need to call DINE every morning to request a seating time? Or just show up?

We've never called the dine line for seating times in Club Class.  Consider that Club Class dining is composed only of those who have booked a CC Mini-suite or a full suite.  So, there really aren't that many people on board who are CC and would be in this area of the dining room.  We only call the dine line if we are reserving a speciality restaurant or calling for MDR room service (a suite perk).

On 1/16/2019 at 6:00 PM, memoak said:

Club class is the best dining experience I have ever had in a MDR - tables are not too close together and some to the "extra" options are out of this world.  Also remember you can order room service off of the MDR menu if you want to stay in just remember that the kitchen gets busy and all courses will come at one time

Can people elaborate more on this?  On my last cruise, we are club class also, we didn't feel like dining in, so we went to the maitre'd and wanted to order just some desserts, and the head waiter and chef had to come and confer with each other before we were able to.  Something about seperate dining wear and dishes between the MDR and room service kitchens. They said sanitation is also a factor, whatever that means. before we were able to get our desserts. 

I'd definitely prefer to order room service from the MDR on nights where we just dont have the energy to go, just curious how we do that.  Plus with having no menu in the room...

2 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

Can people elaborate more on this?  On my last cruise, we are club class also, we didn't feel like dining in, so we went to the maitre'd and wanted to order just some desserts, and the head waiter and chef had to come and confer with each other before we were able to.  Something about seperate dining wear and dishes between the MDR and room service kitchens. They said sanitation is also a factor, whatever that means. before we were able to get our desserts. 

I'd definitely prefer to order room service from the MDR on nights where we just dont have the energy to go, just curious how we do that.  Plus with having no menu in the room...

If you are in a full suite just ask your steward for daily menus. This perk only applies to full suites

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

Also, now that we're on the subject, what is a window suite? Lol. No balcony? Is it a mini-suite but trading the balcony floorspace for more room space?

It  is treated as a full suite but no balcony.  Only appears on a few ships

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

Also, now that we're on the subject, what is a window suite? Lol. No balcony? Is it a mini-suite but trading the balcony floorspace for more room space?

Yes, it's a suite with large windows, but no balcony. There are only a handful of ships that have them. The Grand, Golden and Caribbean, and the new Sky Princess will also have some, but they're a bit different (much higher deck, much bigger square footage). 

The Window Suites (at least on the original three) are relatively "cheap" compared to other suites. They can often be similar (or even cheaper) than some mini-suites. But you get all the suite perks, minus anything balcony related. 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dani24 said:

Yes, it's a suite with large windows, but no balcony. There are only a handful of ships that have them. The Grand, Golden and Caribbean, and the new Sky Princess will also have some, but they're a bit different (much higher deck, much bigger square footage). 

The Window Suites (at least on the original three) are relatively "cheap" compared to other suites. They can often be similar (or even cheaper) than some mini-suites. But you get all the suite perks, minus anything balcony related. 🙂

That sounds awesome! Missing out on the balcony, but, sounds like it makes up for it with the other benefits.  So there's a balance.

5 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

That sounds awesome! Missing out on the balcony, but, sounds like it makes up for it with the other benefits.  So there's a balance.

We've mostly sailed oceanview (though twice had a balcony). We've always been happy with oceanview, though balconies are nice too. So when this opportunity came up we figured we'd jump on it. The Promenade is just a deck above us, with stairs leading up to it steps away from our room, so we'll treat the Promenade like our balcony. 🙂

• Like 1

Windows suites on grand class ship are on deck 6 so close to every thing, also they open onto a separate hall way,

So no passing traffic, also slight forward of midships, and on the other side from the crown grill on the golden.... very easy for breakfast and well as very close to the IC

Cheers Don