No New Ship - Why?

Doubt It

• 4 weeks later...

One of the considerations is sort of similar to a decision that restaurants have to make:  An extensive menu vs. a smaller but well focused one.  I tend to prefer the latter.

The company behind the PG, having dipped their toe into the multi-ship waters, have for now retreated to a single ship on which they focus on making it the best experience possible. Despite boyerd's short and negative comment, the PG is still my favourite of any ship/itiinerary.  Of course "your mileage may vary."

The carpet didn’t smell when we were on last month. The ship was very clean and the service was excellent. We did have a problem in our cabin 701, during the day there would be a periodic loud sound like someone dropped a large piece of furniture over our bed. Of course no one else had ever complained...but it was only during the day and that cabin was empty. 

• 2 weeks later...

We had heard that they were planning to build a small but luxurious ship in 2017. Havent heard anything more. 

The problem with the smaller luxurious ships like the Crystal Endeavour are the high costs which we probably couldnt afford.

I understand that there is a huge waiting list for new ships. Genting bought their own shipyard to fulfill their needs.