LAX, Rain and TSA, not bad Jan 16th morning.

I thought I'd post a few words about my experience today, Jan 16th, going to LAX. The destination of our flight is not relevant except that it's international: Buenos Aires.

Southern California has experienced a lot of rain and Wednesday morning was expected to be, at best, a lull.

And with all that's been said about TSA screeners needing to get paid, I was concerned that there could be a lack of staff at the checkpoints.

And then the icing on the cake is, we needed to collect boarding passes at the airport because of an issue (that I created) causing a lock out for us on the website.

None of the above affected us and in fact, we reached the airport loop with very little delay on the drive, arriving a little before 11, I think. Overall the time it took us to reach the concourse was low, without a lot of standing in lines.

We had a car take us instead of driving ourselves in some fashion, and the driver knew a way around the bulk of the traffic. Probably known by natives but we're from San Diego. So we arrived in less than two and a half hours at the doorstep of the international terminal doors for our airline. The rain did slow down during the morning but by 12 it was going for real again.

Then we had a quick schlep to the ticket counter, and our situation was handled in stride by the agent.

We then made our way to the TSA check point pre-check line. That process went very well. The staff were efficient and curt but not mean, and really kept things moving. 

So if you're going somewhere via LAX in the next few days, I wish you the same good luck we had.