false advertising on royal carrib

frang51

On their web page it shows a refreshment page for$20   however when i went to book it the price went up to $36   I spoke with a supervisor who advised me that it says "from $20"

however she was unable to give me any information as to which package was that price.   She advised me she was not able to offer me any package at that price.

What a scam  Before anyone orders any package be aware of this

20 minutes ago, frang51 said:

On their web page it shows a refreshment page for$20   however when i went to book it the price went up to $36   I spoke with a supervisor who advised me that it says "from $20"

however she was unable to give me any information as to which package was that price.   She advised me she was not able to offer me any package at that price.

Have you ever seen a McDonalds add for a nice big juicy hamburger and when you go, you get this disorganized sloppy piece of food?  Advertising is designed to get you to look.  But you don't need to buy.  It is unfortunate, but all companies do this.  Beverage packages are add on product, and no one forces anyone to buy. 

21 minutes ago, frang51 said:

Curious did the website state that the $20 was for your specific sailing date and specific ship? If not then I personally don’t see anything terribly wrong in my opinion  with this as different ships and different dates would of course be listed at different prices. Although I feel that this could be clearer in website so that people don’t think that it is the same price for all sailings. 

If however it did state the exact same ship and exact same sailing date, then yes I would agree with you that that would be misleading. 

Their advertising is often wrong it seems and so I make it a habit to only check the cruise planner for prices of things so I know the precise price. 

Happy Cruising 🙂

Drink packages cost different amounts on different ships for different sailings.  

As long as ONE sailing offers it at that price, stating "from" on the website is accurate and permissible.  

FWIW, I got it for $17 for my March and November cruises during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales.  Prices vary.

1 hour ago, dutchclogs said:

Re 20% discount -- did it say of what?   I understand that this usually refers to the on board price . But I also read that the site is consistently inconsistent!

Royal is careful to never say the basis for the discount. 

4 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Have you ever seen a McDonalds add for a nice big juicy hamburger and when you go, you get this disorganized sloppy piece of food?  Advertising is designed to get you to look.  But you don't need to buy.  It is unfortunate, but all companies do this.  Beverage packages are add on product, and no one forces anyone to buy. 

4 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

That was helpful.:classic_wacko:

4 minutes ago, Trinam2 said:

The same thing happens when you book a cruise through RCI website. It 

stated 7 nights from 499 but I couldn’t find a single date where that was the price. It’s just what these companies do.

Look carefully. It will only be for certain itineraries on limited dates and will probably be a guaranteed inside cabin. 

3 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

Re 20% discount -- did it say of what?   I understand that this usually refers to the on board price . But I also read that the site is consistently inconsistent!

It said 20% of drink packages on selected ships, I checked ours was on the list , it was, I did say at the time it didn’t seem discounted £43 per night, hey ho, £43 per night today after the sale 😳

7 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Do yourself a favor and don't buy it. Buy them a la carte. You will survive.

Believe me that’s not at all true 😂😂 with the fresh juice, coffee water etc, plus beer, wine and cocktails, we we’ll get our moneys worth 🤗