Grandiosa in Feb 2020?

dssking

Good Day Everyone!

Looking to book the Grandiosa for the Med in Feb 2020.  I realize that temps are a high of 0-13 defrees Fahrenheit. 

Obviously they cruise there that time of year....typically, I'm in the Caribbean in Feb...........

Thoughts?  Enjoyable still in Feb?  Not enthusiased about packing winter gear to go on vacation but.........

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We'll be on the Grandiosa out of Barcelona Feb. 20-27. Last year we were on a MSC cruise in February for 11 days and we didn't have a problem with the weather. We also were on a Norweigen cruise February 3 years ago and had good weather as well, although they ended canceling Rome due to wind and we couldn't get into port.  It was cooler obviously but we weren't going for the warm weather so it didn't bother us. We layered and had rain jackets and beanies and mittens and we were good, we didn't need winter jackets. We enjoyed less crowds and not being hot and sweaty! :) As long as you are aware of what weather you'll be in and you're ok with it you'll enjoy!

On 1/17/2019 at 11:29 AM, dssking said:

I realize that temps are a high of 0-13 defrees Fahrenheit. 

I assume you mean Celsius, right? If so, I think you'll be fine - especially if you are going for the ports. If you expect to swim in the sea and do stuff like that, then no. But I've been in that part of Europe many times in the winter and it is very enjoyable. Temps usually in the 50s.

colder weather (though at a guess still warmer than Ontario :)) rougher seas....

.... but on the other hand the tourist sites will be much calmer and emptier (though some small attractions may be closed entirely), and prices for the flights and the cruise are much better value.

Personally I would aim for April/May and Sept/Oct for a Med cruise, but February would still be million times better than staying at home.

On 1/17/2019 at 4:29 PM, dssking said:

Good Day Everyone!

Looking to book the Grandiosa for the Med in Feb 2020.  I realize that temps are a high of 0-13 defrees Fahrenheit. 

Obviously they cruise there that time of year....typically, I'm in the Caribbean in Feb...........

Thoughts?  Enjoyable still in Feb?  Not enthusiased about packing winter gear to go on vacation but.........

It's winter, so def winter gear!!