Internet packages

rstackjd

We cruise on the Getaway in 24 days.   Looking at internet packages on the planning site and all they seem to have are either the "unlimited" Social Media package, the 250 min.  internet package, and the unlimited internet package.

Seems to me there used to be a 100 minute package.   Is this still offered?  

Does anyone know what the prices are for the packages if purchased on-board.

Thanks

Edited by rstackjd

The packages are about 10% more if purchased on board. In all honesty the best value is the unlimited. The 250 minutes is about $125, the unlimited is about $200. The best thing about the unlimited is that you log on once and that is it, no log on and log off, and no worrying about minutes. I think I am still logged on from my last cruise (hen I got on board that one I was still log in from my previous cruise).

BTW, with the unlimited package, you can log one device off, and log in on another one at any time. The deal is that only one can be on at once.

My cruise is too far out to have any of the internet pricing.  I think I will go for the unlimited for so that we can have access anytime as we own our own business as will need it.  250 might be enough, but you never know with our business so I will lean on the side of caution and get the unlimited.  

2 hours ago, allyfrizzle said:

If you're a Latitudes Reward member, you get a bonus for Wi-Fi minutes... " Additional Internet Minutes2*
15 free Internet minutes with 100-minute Internet package purchase and 30 free Internet minutes with 250-minute Internet package purchase "

We aren't yet as this is our first NCL cruise.  We Emerald with RCI but I couldn't pass up $1 deposit and 3rd person free so we are trying it out.

1 hour ago, sailorchick17 said:

Does the Latitudes upgrade apply if you get the 250 mins as a free perk???

That's a good question. I'd venture to say no, but maybe someone else can chime in. Last year, I actually purchased the 125 minute package and had to find the internet manager (and wait in a crazy long line) to ask him to add them for me.

3 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

Does the one connection at a time mean per person or per stateroom (we have the free perk).  Like can both hubby and I be on our phones at the same time or just one at a time?

One device at a time.  When you log on and someone else is already using, you can boot them off.

3 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

Does the one connection at a time mean per person or per stateroom (we have the free perk).  Like can both hubby and I be on our phones at the same time or just one at a time?

One device at a time. You would not both be able to be on at the same time unless you bought two accounts.