Transfers from Whittier, AK

localyoakl

I am looking at a cruise in June to Alaska and the return port is Whittier, AK. The ship does not dock until 12:30am. I looked on a couple of websites that offer transfers from Whittier back to Anchorage, but the transfers are at 8:45am. Has anyone else ran into this situation? And what other options are there?

Thanks!

Edited by localyoakl

2 hours ago, localyoakl said:

I am looking at a cruise in June to Alaska and the return port is Whittier, AK. The ship does not dock until 12:30am. I looked on a couple of websites that offer transfers from Whittier back to Anchorage, but the transfers are at 8:45am. Has anyone else ran into this situation? And what other options are there?

Thanks!

Welcome to CC. You can always ask this question in the Alaska Port of calls section of the site, but based on a few Alaskan cruises here is what is going to happen.

You spend that last night on board the ship, you don't have to get off at midnight. In all likelihood the ship will offer a train transfer to Anchorage airport that leaves around 7:00 the next morning. That is the way to go.

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

The Princess ships dock in Whittier just after midnight, but disembarkation doesn't normally start until the next morning. In addition to cruise line transfers, you have many options - bus, train, car rental. Be aware on departure Whittier you go through a 1-way tunnel, which changes direction every 1/2 hour.

Check the many threads on the Alaska Board for more details.

• Like 1