Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

3 hours ago, Monorail Orange said:

Something I've noticed, (probably already been mentioned) from the deck plans is the 6 infinity hot tubs on the prom deck. Looks like these will be in front (across the deck) of some of the cabins.

Unless I'm reading the plans wrong.

We booked an Iona balcony cabin when we were onboard Ventura earlier this year.  When we got back to our cabin and actually studied the deck plans we thought we had made a mistake as the cabin appeared to be directly on the promenade deck where the walkway is.  In a panic we went back to the future cruise desk, and we were told there are actually not any cabins on that deck, they are a level above (although the deck is still called promenade), but directly overlooking the walkway.  There are not any (what are called garden cabins on other lines), actually on the walkway part.  So there will be people walking directly in front, but below, our balcony.

23 hours ago, Addict said:

We booked an Iona balcony cabin when we were onboard Ventura earlier this year.  When we got back to our cabin and actually studied the deck plans we thought we had made a mistake as the cabin appeared to be directly on the promenade deck where the walkway is.  In a panic we went back to the future cruise desk, and we were told there are actually not any cabins on that deck, they are a level above (although the deck is still called promenade), but directly overlooking the walkway.  There are not any (what are called garden cabins on other lines), actually on the walkway part.  So there will be people walking directly in front, but below, our balcony.

Ah thanks for clearing that up.

I couldn't figure why anyone would want to book a cabin with a public deck right outside.

I note though that there's a disclaimer that states the two forward suites on Deck 8 (Promanade) do not have a balcony - and (I forget the wording) but are "visible from the promanade".

Edited by Monorail Orange

15 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

Ah thanks for clearing that up.

I couldn't figure why anyone would want to book a cabin with a public deck right outside.

I note though that there's a disclaimer that states the two forward suites on Deck 8 (Promanade) do not have a balcony - and (I forget the wording) but are "visible from the promanade".

Yes, I noticed that too.  It's certainly a bit different to the usual P&O ships.  I guess it will all be a surprise when we get onboard.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:59 AM, AndyMichelle said:

We have always found disembarkation at Southampton easy, even from Britannia, but we do tend to not rush, enjoy breakfast and then find a quiet corner with a newspaper and wait for the hoardes to diminish.

They are not quiet dragging us off, usually just after 9 and our cases are very easy to find as most have gone.

But we only have a short journey home and no connections to make, so it wouldn't work for everyone.

Andy

We are local too but always self disembark usually near front of queue.

No way i would risk leaving my luggage sat there in the hall risking it being picked up by someone else.

2 hours ago, Chrisdriving said:

We are local too but always self disembark usually near front of queue.

No way i would risk leaving my luggage sat there in the hall risking it being picked up by someone else.

Fair point Chris but it has never happened on our numerous cruises, perhaps we have just been lucky.

Self disembarkation is not an option for us as it would be physically impossible to lug the numerous cases of Michelle's shoes etc off the ship...😀

Andy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some added to the right as well as on top. What do you reckon the oblong hole is on the lower part. It isn't there on the previous photo, though those yellow girders are above it.

How long is it since they started construction, just wondering when they will start the next one. Probably when Iona is finished. Does she go somewhere else for the inside work.