P&O Pacific Eden arriving Sydney 19 Jan

She will be gone in a few months & back as Vasco da Gama later in the year.

Friends have just booked Singapore to Tilbury on her in March next year & there were less than 40 window cabins available.

Sailed on her as Statendam & Pacific Eden for total 44 days.  A great smaller cruise ship.

I just had a look at the CMV website and they arent seem to be doing much to her at all after a minor refresh in Singapore.

https://cmvaustralia.com/ship/vasco-da-gama

The only main differences I can tell are that Angelo's and Dragon Lady are being renamed "Waterfront - Mediterranian" and "Waterfront - Eurasian"

thats about it.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Really, I would assume they would be fixing some of the plumbing and electrical issues as well new carpets where needed and the new ship name.

I assume they would be doing that too. 

We were on the Eden over NYE and they seemed to be lacking on some general maintenance in some of the staterooms. Considering they were never upgraded when the ship was handed over to P&O they are getting a bit tired.

I haven't been on the Eden but was on the Aria which had a similar makeover when it joined the fleet. Cosmetic changes to public areas and minimal changes elsewhere. The Aria had similar issues with the plumbing, the lifts and the electrical system at the time. I am not sure that either ship has had those issues fixed totally.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:17 PM, MicCanberra said:

I haven't been on the Eden but was on the Aria which had a similar makeover when it joined the fleet. Cosmetic changes to public areas and minimal changes elsewhere. The Aria had similar issues with the plumbing, the lifts and the electrical system at the time. I am not sure that either ship has had those issues fixed totally.

Hmm...

You’re making me nervous, Mic. We sail from Adelaide to Singapore on the Pacific Dawn in March. We’ve completed 16 cruises to date but this will be our first time on P&O. 

28 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Hmm...

You’re making me nervous, Mic. We sail from Adelaide to Singapore on the Pacific Dawn in March. We’ve completed 16 cruises to date but this will be our first time on P&O. 

Don't stress over things out of your control. The lifts and plumbing issues did not affect us at all as we do not tend to use the lifts much and we go back to our cabin for the toilet (helps avoid noro).  I just know that they had not done any major overhauls on the systems to rectify some of the chronic issues.

Actually Mic - both Eden & Aria had a major refurb. & changes to all the public spaces.

Including filling in the second deck in the dining room & making 2 new dining places on the second deck & redoing the main dining room.

Totally renewing - buffet, bars, crowes nest, show lounge, atrium lower level, removing library & Explorers cafe & making the Blue room. Liked what they did with the lift interiors.

I was on Statendams final voyage & was still onboard when the hundreds of contract workers started to come aboard at the cruise terminal in Singapore.  Was on Pacific Eden a year later for a 14 days repositioning to Cairns.

Elevator 1 r.jpg

Elevator 3r.jpg

Elevator 4r.jpg

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Don't stress over things out of your control. The lifts and plumbing issues did not affect us at all as we do not tend to use the lifts much and we go back to our cabin for the toilet (helps avoid noro).  I just know that they had not done any major overhauls on the systems to rectify some of the chronic issues.

I'm sure we will be fine. 

• Like 1