Milkshakes

Despegue

My five year old got a vanilla shake every afternoon on our Thanksgiving Cruise (we were bribing him for good behavior— it worked 😊). I tasted it and it was very good, but it was not covered under our beverage plan. (Not sure which plan we had— sorry, I can’t remember.)

Edited by Dulciana8

We had them on the Zuiderdam at Christmas. They're outstanding. I'd put them at Shake Shack level of goodness. They're an up-charge, but if you have a beverage package, you can - strike that - must get one. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

There were no milkshakes on Eurodam.........................we got jibbed, discriminated against, and demand compensation.......🤓

Bummer. They were only about $4 (or included with the beverage package.) You could crank them up a notch with the addition of some liquor if you were so inclined. You had to mix it in yourself, but you could make a nice chocolate mocha with Kahlua, or big kid version of a Shamrock Shake with green creme de menthe. 

Someone earlier in the this thread said that they weren't included in their beverage plan, but we were never charged for the shake. The special mix ins were charged as one of our 15 drinks. 

I'm glad we didn't find out about them until midway through the cruise. We only found out because my father in law saw someone order one and he told us at dinner. 

Edited by POA1
  • Like 3

On 1/18/2019 at 1:23 PM, Despegue said:

Anyone tried the milkshakes they promote at Dive-In and Gelato Bar?

Are they included in the Signature Beverage Package or is a shake considered food?

thanks😊

Good question - did you get the answer?

19 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Good question - did you get the answer?

We did not get charged for our milkshakes. I just double checked our final bill. They were credited off to the beverage package. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Despegue said:

Many thanks to all of you!

I am a bit of a Johhny Rockets Milkshake addict so looking forward to try HAL’s version...😊

Don't get too excited, they are made in a blender, and not a typical Hamilton Beach Milkshake Machine, so it will be really runny.

I tried one, and once was enough.

HBMM.jpg.3e6626fe0ddec753c93bb48ce30dc680.jpg

19 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Don't get too excited, they are made in a blender, and not a typical Hamilton Beach Milkshake Machine, so it will be really runny.

I tried one, and once was enough.

HBMM.jpg.3e6626fe0ddec753c93bb48ce30dc680.jpg

Ours weren't runny at all. They were nice and thick. And since they were brought to us in the cabana, it's not like we had them right off the line. We'd order them again in a heartbeat. If they were substandard, I'd ask them to make a replacement for me. (That probably wouldn't happen because we travel in the Bubble of Awesome.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m going to save this little nugget of information and surprise DH with a chocolate milkshake in April on NS.

We once drove to three different Hardee’s in the Carolinas on a road trip to try and find one making milkshakes. They’re good, made with actual ice cream, not powdered goo, when you find one.

On the Koningsdam in September we had the SBP and purchased a milkshake from the gelato bar. We were charged and I went to the front desk to get it revoked. I was told they were classified as food and not covered. We purchased a couple more and sure enough a charge appeared each time.