*ms Oosterdam in Port Everglades - Sail a Way - January 19th, 2019 *

kazu

1 hour ago, Happily@Sea said:

Muster drill isn't until 4 pm. No early departure- at least not at 4 pm.

I think the Port Everglades schedule was in error when I set up the thread.  It still said 4 pm when I looked this morning but the Oosterdam schedule shows her leaving at 5 pm.

I suspect it will be 5 pm.

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

I think the Port Everglades schedule was in error when I set up the thread.  It still said 4 pm when I looked this morning but the Oosterdam schedule shows her leaving at 5 pm.

I suspect it will be 5 pm.

When you are looking at the PEV schedule, the times aren't firmed up until they are showing Green / Confirmed in the first column. 

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

3 minutes ago, POA1 said:

When you are looking at the PEV schedule, the times aren't firmed up until they are showing Green / Confirmed in the first column. 

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

Thanks.  I didn’t know that.

I’ll use the itinerary time in the future for the HAL cruises.  

Just now, kazu said:

Thanks.  I didn’t know that.

I’ll use the itinerary time in the future for the HAL cruises.  

Most days the port schedule shows everything leaving at the same time until around 2:30 or 3:00, at which point they start adding in real times. 

1 minute ago, POA1 said:

Most days the port schedule shows everything leaving at the same time until around 2:30 or 3:00, at which point they start adding in real times. 

Interesting.  That explains a lot.

Perhaps I’ll leave the departure times off the thread then for the other ships in port and just put the piers.

Sail a way thread is done the night before (if not earlier) so the info is obviously not very accurate.  Many thanks for the wonderful info. 🙂

As a substitute sail a way thread starter, I appreciate the education very much 😄 

36 minutes ago, kazu said:

Perhaps I’ll leave the departure times off the thread then for the other ships in port and just put the piers.

Probably makes the most sense. Either that, or you can say that "The Port Everglades schedule alleges a departure time of 4 PM Eastern." :classic_smile:

I was just looking at all the port cams, it is a lovely 78 in most and it is 17 in Kansas City right now with a icy layer covered by some snow.  Wishing I was sailing away but on the other hand I need to be here tomorrow to root on the Chiefs!  Will be watching the sail away today!!!

• Like 1

Went into town to do some shopping and it was -19C about -3F. We were skiing last week when it was -19C had to come in and get a hot chocolate to warm up, no wind clear blue sky, had a great morning on the slope. I do get my fix watching the sail away looking forward to our cruise in Mar.

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

And I thought they used a dart board to finalize the final departing times.

Wonder if there will be ships leaving later than the posted time  due to flights arriving late -- over 1600 cancellations and delays so far.

We started out this morning at -10F but it has warmed up to 0, so it could be worse.  Little wind today and all the snow went south of us.  Some areas had over a foot yesterday and we just had a few flakes.  New England and Eastern Canada look like they are going to get a good storm this weekend.  Stay safe.  Neil

3 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

And I thought they used a dart board to finalize the final departing times.

No, it's a pair of dice and a Magic 8 Ball. :classic_biggrin: I would imagine that everyone is going to be late today. 

It's days like these that help make up for July down here. Our friends in our old home town in Maine are expecting 18+ inches of snow. Everyone is laying in the booze and chocolate. (Your Mainers already have water, milk, eggs and gas for the generator by this time of year.) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

Probably makes the most sense. Either that, or you can say that "The Port Everglades schedule alleges a departure time of 4 PM Eastern." :classic_smile:

LOL 😄. Good idea.

Thanks.  I’m new at this but what the heck, at least I try 😉