Hubbard Glacier & Wilderness Exploration

tysmomm

So we are currently on NCL Jewel. This excursion was not online, but they did have a brochure for it and a form to sign up on ship. We booked it while on the cruise and went to meet today at 8:30am and nobody was there. Apparently it was cancelled, but nobody bothered to tell us. Oh well, we saved some money and our ship was able to get quite close today.

5 hours ago, tampagirl2 said:

So we are currently on NCL Jewel. This excursion was not online, but they did have a brochure for it and a form to sign up on ship. We booked it while on the cruise and went to meet today at 8:30am and nobody was there. Apparently it was cancelled, but nobody bothered to tell us. Oh well, we saved some money and our ship was able to get quite close today.

Weird.  If the Jewel was able to get close to Hubbard, it seems odd that the excursion would be cancelled.  Did NCL give a reason? 

7 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Weird.  If the Jewel was able to get close to Hubbard, it seems odd that the excursion would be cancelled.  Did NCL give a reason? 

It was totally weird. The shore excursion desk was closed of course. We found a worker and asked him. He said it had been cancelled on Monday. I said I booked it on Tues and received my excursion tickets on Wed?? He said, “that’s impossible”. Then I showed him my excursion tix. He said they cancelled it on Monday bc it wasn’t safe and they put safety first?! Totally confusing, but maybe they didn’t sell enough tix? It was not well advertised - not online under excursions. It was quite expensive ($299/person) and I was having a bit of buyers remorse, so all worked out in the end. Just thought I’d share for other NCL passengers that the only place this was advertised was at the excursion desk. It may be an option on your ship.

2 hours ago, tampagirl2 said:

It was totally weird. The shore excursion desk was closed of course. We found a worker and asked him. He said it had been cancelled on Monday. I said I booked it on Tues and received my excursion tickets on Wed?? He said, “that’s impossible”. Then I showed him my excursion tix. He said they cancelled it on Monday bc it wasn’t safe and they put safety first?! Totally confusing, but maybe they didn’t sell enough tix? It was not well advertised - not online under excursions. It was quite expensive ($299/person) and I was having a bit of buyers remorse, so all worked out in the end. Just thought I’d share for other NCL passengers that the only place this was advertised was at the excursion desk. It may be an option on your ship.

Sorry to hear that your excursion was cancelled.  NCL's booking on this excursion seems so odd -- why would they allow you to book if the excursion was a "no go."  This is not the first time I have read a negative comment about NCL's shore excursions and their handling of events.

We are on Princess and we made our reservation way back in January for $259 pp; cheaper than what NCL had charged you.  Our excursion was part of the excursion listing that was on line and available for people to book. 

Keeping our fingers crossed that we are successful.  Glad to hear that you at least got your money back.