Newcastle Travel Expo Sunday 20/1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Being advertised on TV and in the papers. Anyone going to this or have been to any previously? I was wondering whether I should make the effort.

Went a ew years ago, wats to book a few cruises it was a shambles, they told you to sit in rows of chairs to see consultants then took them in random orders, no organisation at all.

Enfpded up heading home and spending about $40k direct online.

I find that the expos are useful if you want to get some direct information from a particular company etc, They do have some good deals and also lots of great info and some give aways . However, they also have  a lot of deals that are not so great and many are relying on customers doing some impulse buying. If you go, go armed with some research on what you want to do, what it is likely to cost, so that you can tell if you are getting good deal or not.

32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I find that the expos are useful if you want to get some direct information from a particular company etc, They do have some good deals and also lots of great info and some give aways . However, they also have  a lot of deals that are not so great and many are relying on customers doing some impulse buying. If you go, go armed with some research on what you want to do, what it is likely to cost, so that you can tell if you are getting good deal or not.

Last time I went I couldn’t even get info unless I wanted to sit through an hour long presentation that told me nothing I didn’t already know, before I could ask questions.

we came home and booked Cunard and a circumnavigation of Australia, direct.

I have worked at a couple of travel expos with my son and his company.  Quite a bit of interest from the punters and a few follow up sales re South American/Central American travel and Antarctic/Arctic expedition cruising.

The Newcastle Expo should be a good one, plenty of rich people up there !!!

I like to attend them anyway.

Come on Mr Gut, get in there, might be a pie stall. !!

pie 2.jpg

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Last time I went I couldn’t even get info unless I wanted to sit through an hour long presentation that told me nothing I didn’t already know, before I could ask questions.

we came home and booked Cunard and a circumnavigation of Australia, direct.

That is not the format they normally have down here.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I have worked at a couple of travel expos with my son and his company.  Quite a bit of interest from the punters and a few follow up sales re South American/Central American travel and Antarctic/Arctic expedition cruising.

The Newcastle Expo should be a good one, plenty of rich people up there !!!

I like to attend them anyway.

Come on Mr Gut, get in there, might be a pie stall. !!

pie 2.jpg

Only fancy food at the ones I have been to, things like samosas and little egg tarts with spinach.

24 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Something came up today and I didn't make it. No worries. I tend to book late when good deals come up.

Not a bad strategy if you don't care to much about which cabin you want and can manage to drop and run without too much notice.

23 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Only fancy food at the ones I have been to, things like samosas and little egg tarts with spinach.

Horses Douvers and little things like that, gee I am a bad speller.:classic_laugh:

It appears there is another expo in Newcastle on 24 Feb. this one put on by the Captain.

Last weekend, I thought Hello haven’t they gone out of business.

I find them a real zoo. Good if you have done your research and can find company reps who have more of a clue than having read the brochure. Usually they have deals that can be signed up for within a few days. If they coincide with your interests, bonus.