Muster Drill on the Sky

pinkie60

I’m a Carnival cruiser and this is my first cruise on Norwegian. Carnival ships usually have the worst muster drills in the world. They haul you out in 95 degree weather and take forever in explaining the process. Then the elevators are crammed with everyone trying to get where they are going. Has anyone been on a Sky muster drill?

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Pretty much the same. Muster will be 30 minutes before departure. On the Sky, you muster outside. We show up a bit early to get a wall to lean against.

Thank you for prompt response. It sounds just like Carnival. Oh well, I know what to do. I’ll show up late so I won’t be squashed against the wall😂  This and the buffet lunch is always the worst part of the cruise. And thank you IRSXCCHICK too for also quick response.

6 minutes ago, pinkie60 said:

Thank you for prompt response. It sounds just like Carnival. Oh well, I know what to do. I’ll show up late so I won’t be squashed against the wall😂  This and the buffet lunch is always the worst part of the cruise. And thank you IRSXCCHICK too for also quick response.

On boarding day there is always one main dining room open for lunch.

On NCL no need to take life jackets to muster drill (I don't know if Carnival requires them any longer or not).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pinkie60 said:

The Palace MDR opens at noon on embarkation day on the Sky. It is located midship, deck 5. The food there is much better than the buffet lunch, and much calmer. Everyone runs to the buffet - and the crew directs everyone there. Hardly anyone realizes the MDR is open. Bonus, on the Sky it is open bar, so you can get a nice glass of wine with lunch if you'd like.

• Like 1