Parking at the port. NOLA. How does it work?

Cruisemomof 2

Pretty simple.  Drive up to the parking booth.  Pay your fee.  Then pull up to where the porters will help you unload your baggage.  After that drive into the garage to find a place to park.  Once parked, take the elevator down to registration.

At disembarkation, get in the elevator at the parking garage go to your level, load up and go.  15 minute max process on both ends.  No hassle with shuttles, traffic, etc.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:47 AM, beaucajun said:

Pretty simple.  Drive up to the parking booth.  Pay your fee.  Then pull up to where the porters will help you unload your baggage.  After that drive into the garage to find a place to park.  Once parked, take the elevator down to registration.

At disembarkation, get in the elevator at the parking garage go to your level, load up and go.  15 minute max process on both ends.  No hassle with shuttles, traffic, etc.

Can RCCL use the garage or do we have to park in the Whale lot?  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Its substantially more expensive but its also the easiest since you are in about an 8 story parking garage. Don't need to worry about the elements and the distance between your car and the entrance is much shorter than every port I've been too plus no congested curb-side scene. Elevators on every floor. Just don't forget what floor you are like I did last cruise

17 hours ago, Stallion said:

Its substantially more expensive but its also the easiest since you are in about an 8 story parking garage. Don't need to worry about the elements and the distance between your car and the entrance is much shorter than every port I've been too plus no congested curb-side scene. Elevators on every floor. Just don't forget what floor you are like I did last cruise

It's actually no longer substantially more expensive.  The difference now is only about $2 per day.  Fulton has raised their rates.

Any worry of this garage filling up? Is there overflow parking if so?  We will be sailing out of NOLA in three weeks, and this is the only part of the trip I'm a little unsure of.  We haven't sailed from here in 15 years and the last time we flew in and had a shuttle from the airport.