Private transfer from airport to hotel in Barcelona

pno4te

We are flying into BCN early in the morning four days before our cruise.  We have reservations at Hotel 1898 for our time in the city.  My husband travels with a mobility scooter and we will have 2 large suitcases as well as another suitcase with medically essential items and 2 backpacks/carry-ons.  Although public transportation sounds easy to use I think it will not be the right choice for us the morning of arrival.

We have been given a quote of 175 euros per person for the transfer which also includes a 4 hour private driving tour of the highlights of the city.  Is this a reasonable amount that we should expect to pay for something like this?  Is there a less expensive alternative that would not require me to deal with all that luggage on my own?

Thanks for any thoughts you all might have!

28 minutes ago, pno4te said:

We are flying into BCN early in the morning four days before our cruise.  We have reservations at Hotel 1898 for our time in the city.  My husband travels with a mobility scooter and we will have 2 large suitcases as well as another suitcase with medically essential items and 2 backpacks/carry-ons.  Although public transportation sounds easy to use I think it will not be the right choice for us the morning of arrival.

We have been given a quote of 175 euros per person for the transfer which also includes a 4 hour private driving tour of the highlights of the city.  Is this a reasonable amount that we should expect to pay for something like this?  Is there a less expensive alternative that would not require me to deal with all that luggage on my own?

That seems quite high but perhaps it is because of the included 4 hour driving tour. Have you contacted any other companies? Perhaps try these? 

http://www.barcelona-access.com/ACCESSIBLE/Transports/Moure-s-per-la-ciutat---Lloguer-vehicles-adaptats/_qTOdJvTDy-IchBdbD6r8jJ61q4Aw7zwVh9h2gEAR-K8

8 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

That seems quite high but perhaps it is because of the included 4 hour driving tour. Have you contacted any other companies? Perhaps try these? 

http://www.barcelona-access.com/ACCESSIBLE/Transports/Moure-s-per-la-ciutat---Lloguer-vehicles-adaptats/_qTOdJvTDy-IchBdbD6r8jJ61q4Aw7zwVh9h2gEAR-K8

This was the best quote we received for the tour and transfer.  It is from a reputable, well-reviewed company too.  But It did seem a bit high.  Possibly the fact that they need to bring a larger vehicle to contain my husband's scooter as well as luggage has added to the cost too.

Your links are very helpful.  I think we can use the buses to get around the city for sightseeing!

You might post this on the Disabled Cruise Travel board, but I can tell you what we did from personal experience last fall.  My husband did not have a scooter (he had one he rented after he boarded the ship to use while on the cruise) but he did have a foldable transport chair that we brought from home.  We chose to go with J&G Elegance Cars.  We arranged for them to transport us from BCN to our downtown hotel, from the hotel to the cruise ship pier, and from the pier back to the airport.  We decided to have them transport us in a minivan, which was a little more money, so there would be no question about his transport chair fitting or his comfort.  They used beautiful Mercedes Viano minivans, by the way.  The drivers spoke English, were punctual, polite and extremely helpful.   They also do tours so if that is something you want to do I'm sure they can accommodate you.  We highly recommend them and would use them again without hesitation. 

http://www.jgelegancecars.co.uk/en/

Can you break down the scooter and lift it into a vehicle?  They asked us if we needed an adapted vehicle, which we did not, and I do not know if they actually had one or not.   If you can't break down the scooter, you will need to make arrangements for an accessible vehicle.

Here were their prices for the minivan (the prices are for 3-7 passengers, not per person):

September 29th.

12:20hs. Transfer airport, flight Canada Air Rouge 1914 – Hotel Praktic Rambla, Rambla de Catalunya 27 … 70 €

Driver will be meeting you after customs area, inside the terminal 1

September 30th.

10:00hs. Transfer Hotel Praktic Rambla – Cruise Port, Norwegian Epic … 60 €

The driver will drop you off at the terminal door.

October 7th.

08:00hs. Cruise Port – Barcelona Airport, flight Air Canada Rouge 1915 11:45hs. … 70 €

The driver will meet you inside the terminal, he will be holding a sign with your name on it.

If you decide to change the pick-up time you just have to let us know.  (note: the driver actually picks you up outside the terminal)

And this is what they told us when we asked about a 4 hour tour prior to going to the hotel (as I recall, the prices below include transportation from the airport to the hotel and the tour):

We can offer a private tour in Barcelona 4 hours.

Mercedes E Class 190€ or

Minivan 220€

With driver/guide in English.

5 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

You might post this on the Disabled Cruise Travel board, but I can tell you what we did from personal experience last fall.  My husband did not have a scooter (he had one he rented after he boarded the ship to use while on the cruise) but he did have a foldable transport chair that we brought from home.  We chose to go with J&G Elegance Cars.  We arranged for them to transport us from BCN to our downtown hotel, from the hotel to the cruise ship pier, and from the pier back to the airport.  We decided to have them transport us in a minivan, which was a little more money, so there would be no question about his transport chair fitting or his comfort.  They used beautiful Mercedes Viano minivans, by the way.  The drivers spoke English, were punctual, polite and extremely helpful.   They also do tours so if that is something you want to do I'm sure they can accommodate you.  We highly recommend them and would use them again without hesitation. 

http://www.jgelegancecars.co.uk/en/

Can you break down the scooter and lift it into a vehicle?  They asked us if we needed an adapted vehicle, which we did not, and I do not know if they actually had one or not.   If you can't break down the scooter, you will need to make arrangements for an accessible vehicle.

Here were their prices for the minivan (the prices are for 3-7 passengers, not per person):

September 29th.

12:20hs. Transfer airport, flight Canada Air Rouge 1914 – Hotel Praktic Rambla, Rambla de Catalunya 27 … 70 €

Driver will be meeting you after customs area, inside the terminal 1

September 30th.

10:00hs. Transfer Hotel Praktic Rambla – Cruise Port, Norwegian Epic … 60 €

The driver will drop you off at the terminal door.

October 7th.

08:00hs. Cruise Port – Barcelona Airport, flight Air Canada Rouge 1915 11:45hs. … 70 €

The driver will meet you inside the terminal, he will be holding a sign with your name on it.

If you decide to change the pick-up time you just have to let us know.  (note: the driver actually picks you up outside the terminal)

And this is what they told us when we asked about a 4 hour tour prior to going to the hotel (as I recall, the prices below include transportation from the airport to the hotel and the tour):

We can offer a private tour in Barcelona 4 hours.

Mercedes E Class 190€ or

Minivan 220€

With driver/guide in English.

You gave me so much great information! Thank you!

And I would say, based on your quotes,  the 175€ is probably a good price.  They are offering to bring a van instead of a car and to customize the tour based on my husband's abilities. 

Thank you all!

On 1/20/2019 at 8:54 AM, pno4te said:

You gave me so much great information! Thank you!

And I would say, based on your quotes,  the 175€ is probably a good price.  They are offering to bring a van instead of a car and to customize the tour based on my husband's abilities. 

Thank you all!

I think you said that your quote was 175€ per person.   

The quote we received from J&G Elegance Cars was 220€ for up to 7 passengers, not per person.  This was for a minivan and a 4 hour tour.

1 hour ago, kokopelli-az said:

The quote we received from J&G Elegance Cars was 220€ for up to 7 passengers, not per person.  This was for a minivan and a 4 hour tour.

😲 Going back to look at other sites!!!  Thank you!

On 1/19/2019 at 10:03 PM, pno4te said:

what car service company did you get this quote from? 

we're going to need a large van for our group of 9..

On 1/21/2019 at 12:53 PM, kokopelli-az said:

kokopelli - Thank you!  We went with J&G Elegance Cars for the transfer/tour on the front end of our vacation as well as the transfer back to the airport hotel on our return from our cruise.  I have since read many fine reviews of them and I look forward to coming back to add another in July!