Transportation to/from Pier?

Smokey596

Last year we had a shore excursion on Carnival, and a little train took us from the pier into town and also brought us back later. Not sure if that was specific to the excursion or even to Carnival. If we do not do an excursion in Key West, is there any complimentary transportation into town and back like that for Norwegian?

All ships that dock at the Outer Mole Pier are transported to the Mallory Square area on Conch Trains or Trolleys.  If your ship docks at Pier B or Mallory Square, you walk off and don’t need transportation.  Here is a link to the ship calendar which shows where you will dock.  OM is Outer Mole Pier where you get the transportation to town.  https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/department/calendar.php

there is also a free circulator bus called the Duval Loop you can use to get around town.  Here is the route map:  https://www.carfreekeywest.com/duval-loop-bus

stop 4 is closest to Mallory Square and the cruise ship docks or drop off point.

Edited by keywester33
Clarification of post
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smokey596 said:

Looks like we dock at Pier B. Outer Mole is still closed for repairs, no?

No, Mallory Square is the dock that was damaged and is still closed for repair.  Pier B is at Margaritaville right next to Mallory Square and in the heart of Old Town.  Enjoy your visit! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to use a scooter to get around so will the trolley at OM take me into town?  What do they do for the handicapped in wheelchairs or those who need scooters?  I hate to be denied seeing Key West just because our ship docked further away and the fact I can not walk.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:37 AM, Alison53 said:

Is the cruise line responsible to get us into town? I am sure there are many others even from other cruise lines that have docked at the OM but need special transportation into town. So how do they do It?

They have wheelchair accessible Trolleys and trains that are used to transport passengers.  For details you might want to contact the company that shuttles passengers.  This is the website.  You can email them or call with your specific needs.

https://www.conchtourtrain.com/

On 2/4/2019 at 10:37 AM, Alison53 said:

Is the cruise line responsible to get us into town? I am sure there are many others even from other cruise lines that have docked at the OM but need special transportation into town. So how do they do It?

From what I've read and understand, if you're docked at OM the transportation is already set up for you regardless of cruise line.