Children's menu

GottaLuvCruising

The kids menu spaghetti and meatballs is exactly the same as what is offered on the MDR menu on Italian night.  It is one of my go tos when there is a menu I don'thave a favorite on. Volcano  -  usually once per cruise. An adukt ordering it put of the blue can crack a waiter up....it is fun to do. 

On 2/20/2019 at 5:17 PM, Coral said:

Here it is:

Not sure if they have changed descriptions or not but the menu is probably the same. 

I sure hope they've changed the descriptions. Barney and Power Rangers? Do today's kids even know who either of those are? Mine sure doesn't. 🙂

• Haha 1

Yes definitely talk to the head waiter about allergies, they are magnificent with my Mum who has been on heaps,of cruises.

My son is not that keen on the kids menu. And I dont recall it having many vegetables, so for a shorter cruise is probably fine, but IMO not when your away a while. He would pick his meat off the main menu and ask for steamed veggies and a jacket potato. He loved the pork belly that used to be a staple on the main, not sure if it still is. As ti him with his vegies  was basically a Sunday roast, so something familiar. He also loved trying the icecream or sorbet of the day and some of the soups.

The waiters are lovely to the kids and get to know what they like. On our first cruise, ours found it amusing that a four year old liked lobster tail, so brought him 3!! Last cruise on our last night our head waiter kept giving him mocktails at no charge. And there were two in thr buffet area that got to know his and his cruise friend's drink preferences and would always come over for a chat. 

16 hours ago, c7009 said:

Yes definitely talk to the head waiter about allergies, they are magnificent with my Mum who has been on heaps,of cruises.

My son is not that keen on the kids menu. And I dont recall it having many vegetables, so for a shorter cruise is probably fine, but IMO not when your away a while. He would pick his meat off the main menu and ask for steamed veggies and a jacket potato. He loved the pork belly that used to be a staple on the main, not sure if it still is. As ti him with his vegies  was basically a Sunday roast, so something familiar. He also loved trying the icecream or sorbet of the day and some of the soups.

It is very easy to ask for a plate of vegetables and fruit. Some kids are more adventurous than others. I remember traveling with friend's kids and all they wanted was mac and cheese every night. It was like pulling teeth for anything else. Thankfully they have grown up and their habits have changed! The good news is that Princess's waiters are very accommodating and will do whatever they can to accommodate kids requests.

21 hours ago, Dani24 said:

I sure hope they've changed the descriptions. Barney and Power Rangers? Do today's kids even know who either of those are? Mine sure doesn't. 🙂

Power Rangers are still on TV, they have been updated :classic_biggrin:   

Barney - Nope, I am aware he is a purple dinosaur USA kids character but my kids don't know who he is.

One one cruise our then 18month old ate  spaghetti and strawberries for the entire cruise.  Waiters were great and even though we ate in different dining rooms they always had a bowl of strawberries ready.  Many of the staff have children of their own who they missed and treated our kids so well.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 6:50 AM, GottaLuvCruising said:

Thank you so much!  This will do nicely.  We hope our 9 year old will try some healthier options from the adult menu but the 6 year old is picky and has allergies.  I'll be happy if she eats ANYTHING.  

Make sure you note your 6 year old's allergies on your cruise personalizer. My son and husband have allergies and they check the next nights menu with us ahead of time and can custom make most things. They even went as far as making my son chicken parm made with chicken tenders and cheese sticks and tomato sauce. It was really good and he felt like an adult. 🙂

• Like 1