Bed near bathroom vs Bed near balcony

HappyCouple72

Bed near bathroom vs Bed near balcony   

13 members have voted

1. 1. If given choice which do you prefer

• Bed near bathroom
    • Bed near balcony

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/21/2019 at 06:53 PM

If given choice in a “typical” balcony stateroom , would you pick to have bed near bathroom or bed near balcony???

-

Looking for opinion of which you would choose 

-

Also if you have sailed with both types of cabins 

-

reason for you picking one over the other 

-

of course friendly comments welcome. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer so that new cruisers can make an informed choice  😊

On many cruise lines/ships, there is not a choice.  But on a ship where there IS a choice, I prefer by the balcony.  Why?  Because I travel with my sister, and I always choose the twin bed closest to the bathroom.  With my nightstand between the beds, I can use the end of the couch next to my bed as my nightstand: alarm clock, kindle, tissue...EM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

We picked two cabins with extra large balcony. We want the beds near bathroom so we will have more space for 6 people going in and out the balcony.

Did you go on cruise yet. 

Were they as you wished 

if you could select this , which cruise line etc 

8 minutes ago, HappyCouple72 said:

Did you go on cruise yet. 

Were they as you wished 

if you could select this , which cruise line etc 

I just checked the cabin review spreadsheet again (for Celebrity Solstice class ship). We booked two state rooms with two of the largest balconies (~3x bigger than the other rooms of the same class), one on each side of the ship. One sleeps 4 and have the bed near the bathroom. The other one sleeps 2 and have the bed near balcony. We will mostly hang out in the room that has the bed near the bathroom for the larger opening space connected to the balcony unless the other room have better scenic view.

Edited by Tourist1292

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both of balconies we've had, had the sofa nearer the balcony, which I consider a big window! of the OV's we've had, one had the sofa nearer the window. This would be my preference if just my DH and me, so that he can sit and read his Kindle on the sofa!

OTOH, when we travelled with family in nearby cabins, on the Lower Promenade on R class HAL ships, the bed(s) were on the window wall, but that made for more accessible socializing space (sofa, desk chair, foot of the beds) nearer the door.

Next year we will sail with family in adjoining mini-suites on Princess, with 'living' areas near the balconies. Assuming the balconies can be opened between, perhaps we will drop in to socialize via the verandahs!

• 4 weeks later...

When I travel on Harmony the cabins are supposed to be alternating, I'm hoping we get the bed near the balcony. The Mrs. goes to be earlier than I do so it's better if I can get in and out of the room (couch area) without going by the bed. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 10:15 AM, basictek said:

When I travel on Harmony the cabins are supposed to be alternating, I'm hoping we get the bed near the balcony. The Mrs. goes to be earlier than I do so it's better if I can get in and out of the room (couch area) without going by the bed. 

What is your room number? I have a lifetime subscription to cruisedeckplans.com and I will see if there are photos in the immediate area to figure out which way you're getting.

OK -- It looks like you get your wish! There aren't any photos RIGHT near yours, but there are enough (including on the sister ships Oasis and Allure) to set up/confirm the pattern. It looks like the alternating triple-occupancy cabins in your area -- which you do not have one of -- are the bed near bathroom/sofa near balcony but the double-occupancy cabins are as the diagram:

1499986806_HarmonyOTS.JPG.b4a39ecff3f2874acf278e20c4273f45.JPG

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure but based on other cabin reviews and understanding they seem to rotate every other I was hoping this to be the case. It's just my wife and I so this should be great. 

• 4 weeks later...

Whether in a hotel room or on a cruise ship, DH always chooses the side nearest the bathroom, as he gets up in the night.  He claims that I have a bladder like a camel, which allows me to sleep through the night quite peacefully.  LOL

I love having the side nearest the balcony, because I can slip out quietly in the early morning with my e-reader and enjoy the peacefulness of it all.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

• 1 month later...