Recent Valor cruisers - new desserts?

tortuga1975

We just got off the Valor on Jan 12.  I don't know if the desserts were new or not, but they seemed the same tasteless fare we had when I sailed Valor back in July  (8 months ago), so I certainly hope they are not the "new" desserts.   They seemed to be the exact same desserts that when you looked at them, they seemed like they would be oh so tasty but when you actually took a bite they left you feeling hollow and disappointed (I know first world problems!!! )  I certainly hope the desserts get an overhaul... I have never understood how a dessert can look so appealing but be sooo tasteless!  I often wonder what they are using for ingredients???!  Seems to be desserts for pictures only.. not for human consumption.  Only exception to this was the Carnival Chocolate Melting cake in the MDR and the cheesecake in the steakhouse.    Those were both divine.   Oh and the cakes in the Java Cafe that you have to pay extra for, those were divine as well.  I got my dessert fix there.   I would go and purchase a couple of slices and go pick up some plates and forks in the buffet and store the cakes in the fridge and we could all share a midnight snack of cake.   Just a heads up though the plate with the cake will not fit in the fridge with the cover they give you, so ask for extra paper napkins from the Java cafe to cover your cake after you put it in the fridge.  (if you purchase the black forest cake, or the vanilla cream cake that needs to be refrigerated)

Bon Appetite!

Wow I must have missed them somehow!!   I never saw them.  I usually did eat lunch really late after the buffet closed so I guess that must have been why.   I guess the desserts they had out during the dinner buffet were the same old ones.   I generally had a Guys Burger or just skipped lunch.   So sad I missed cake!!!!

• 2 months later...