Day passes for hotels on Bora Bora and Moorea.

anjo

Looking for information on Day passes to hotels on Moorea and Bora Bora. On Sea Princess in April. Anyone purchased them recently? How much, what do they include? lunch? Transport to and from them? Thanks in advance. Anjo.

On Moorea we have stayed at, and done day pass, at the Hilton.  About $90 per person including a good lunch. No transfer included.  In all honesty if you have not been there before I would rent a car on Moorea, drive to the lookout, see some sights, and stop at a beach to snorkel.  On Bora Bora it would be sad not to be out on the lagoon.  Pure Snorkeling for a great 4 hour snorkel trip or a full day with Lagoon Services. 

We just did the day pass in December at the Hilton Moorea and it was very nice. Great lunch, use of all the facilities for $90pp. Used Torea Transports to get there which also does island tours if you want to split up your day.

The Intercontinental BB does have day passes which I think are about $140pp. Gorgeous beach. I'd be sure to pre-reserve both the Hilton or Intercontinental if going that route. The Intercontinental is less than 5 miles from the dock and there were a few taxis waiting (not a lot!). You can also rent a car or scooter at the dock or as a last resort use Le Truck.

Agree with Flight Medic tho, that unless this is not your first time in Moorea and or BB I'd rent a car to explore Moorea or do a snorkel or jetski day with Moorea Activities Center. Dr. Poole has his whale/dolphin tour too on Moorea.

We spent 4 days in BB also in December and spent a day with each Pure Snorkeling, Lagoon Service and Tohora Bora Bora and while they were all terrific, Tohora was tops.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I agree with Flight Medic  …. Hilton would be my choice on Moorea but as mentioned I would rent a car and buzz around to the 'tourist' places to see. On Bora Bora as mentioned you should be out on the lagoon. Not sure of your situation as Flight and I are usually on the Paul Gauguin which is on Bora Bora two days and two days on Moorea so you have more possibilities  …. but if your only on bora bora and moorea one day each do as we recommend, we've both been to this part of the world many many times, we know what were talkin' about 😉

Driving on Moorea is no big deal. But  …. rent a car, not scooters 😉

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

We were there in December and Avis was quick and easy. Picked us up at the tender and brought us back promptly. Very nice people- they aim to please. They'll ask you what ship you'll be on and figure out which port your ship will be arriving at. (There are two.)

No Tahiti license needed. We emailed and attachment of our drivers licenses before arrival.

http://www.avis-tahiti.com/en/

2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

We were there in December and Avis was quick and easy. Picked us up at the tender and brought us back promptly. Very nice people- they aim to please. They'll ask you what ship you'll be on and figure out which port your ship will be arriving at. (There are two.)

No Tahiti license needed. We emailed and attachment of our drivers licenses before arrival.

http://www.avis-tahiti.com/en/

For a few years Avis would pick you up and then take you all the way to the ferry terminal area office to get your car, a big waste of time. Hopefully this practice is over and they are taking people to a closer location. In my 20 trips to Polynesia Alberts has always been the best price, Avis had the slightly superior cars and Europcar has always been the most expensive.

18 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

For a few years Avis would pick you up and then take you all the way to the ferry terminal area office to get your car, a big waste of time. Hopefully this practice is over and they are taking people to a closer location. In my 20 trips to Polynesia Alberts has always been the best price, Avis had the slightly superior cars and Europcar has always been the most expensive.

Yes Avis is still across from the ferry in Vaiare. A little depends on where your ship tenders as there are two places possible. Last cruise we tendered in Cooks Bay (Windstar) where usually the smaller ships go, a 15 min shuttle to Avis. If your ship is tendering in Opunahu Bay, generally large ships, the Avis shuttle takes 20 min. I've not noticed shuttling from either location to be a hassle. But Alberts is off Cooks Bay 5 min shuttle time...from Opunahu 10 min. It could be a better option if you are watching your time closely. Try to find out where your ship tenders.

Edited by Petoonya

The Paul Gauguin usually goes into Opunahu Bay and it is 1.5 miles from the tender location to Albert's across from the Intercontinental Resort but they do pick you up at the tender location. The Albert's location in Cooks Bay from the tender location is a 5 minute walk. Last time I rented from Avis while we were in Cooks Bay it took about 45 minutes from the time we found the Avis shuttle to when we actually got to their office across from the ferry. This was due to the fact Avis waited for everyone who had a booking and not everyone was on the first tender, so we had to wait. I was first in line so I got a car first but there were a half dozen other renters, I'm sure the last people waited at least 30 minutes after arriving at the office. Since then I've gone with Alberts 😉

Sorry Kahuna. Can see why you'd be frustrated with Avis. We fond them very responsive though, and waiting for us by the tender when we were there in December. From pickup to getting into a vehicle was not more than 25 min. Maybe next time in 2020 we'll try Albert's but Avis served us well this last visit and in the past.

47 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Sorry Kahuna. Can see why you'd be frustrated with Avis. We fond them very responsive though, and waiting for us by the tender when we were there in December. From pickup to getting into a vehicle was not more than 25 min. Maybe next time in 2020 we'll try Albert's but Avis served us well this last visit and in the past.

I rented from Avis more many years. Sandrine always gave me a fair price and not to many years ago the cars were sitting right there at the tender drop off but that all changed about 3-4 years ago. Albert's is much closer, and like I said the one in Cook's Bay is a short walk, the one over by the Intercontinental is 1.5 miles away from the tender, again much closer than heading over to the ferry area. Glad you had good luck but as I mentioned it was the 45 minutes it took the last time I rented from Avis  …. never again.