BCN airport to port

Bases5

I believe I read that it was $39 euro for a taxi in 2018. Is that still the price this year

Is there a luggage fee?

Are taxis easy to find @ BCN

How long is the trip?

Do you tip the drivers and if so how much?

Do most taxis take CC or is it cash only 

2 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

I believe I read that it was $39 euro for a taxi in 2018. Is that still the price this year

Is there a luggage fee?

Are taxis easy to find @ BCN

How long is the trip?

Do you tip the drivers and if so how much?

Do most taxis take CC or is it cash only 

In 2016 I took a cab at the airport outside baggage claim.  It was about $35 Euros. No baggage fee to a hotel near the port. The trip in traffic was about 30 minutes.

My advice on this is simple.  Take a taxi from the airport.  There is a taxi queue outside the luggage/customs area.  Not sure if the cost is still 35 or 40....but so what.  The taxi is very convenient and the taxis are clean,  They can handle a couple with luggage (for larger parties you can request a larger taxi) some taxis can handle a credit card and others cannot.  But since you are in Europe it is best to have some Euros which will avoid the worry.  There are ATMs at BCN,   There is no need to tip taxis in Spain although many North Americans still do it for some cultural reason.  If we pay cash, we will round up and perhaps add a couple of Euros if the driver has been helpful with the luggage.  The trip time varies depending on traffic but figure about 20 min.  The fare structure is interesting because they get a few extra Euros for picking up at BCN and a few more Euros for dropping at the port..plus they also get another 1 Euro for each piece of luggage put in the trunk (boot).

If we really want to use a credit card for a taxi (almost anywhere in Europe including Barcelona) we will make that clear before we even get into the taxi.  If the driver says no, you simply try the next taxi.

Hank