"Secret" decks to watch sail away

emoorehead

Good evening! (Morning, night.....Idk....it's after midnight, so take your pick....lol)

I have seen several people talk about a "secret" deck that is ideal for watching sail away because it is less crowded. Is that on the Fantasy class ships? I think I also saw that the Ecstasy is a Fantasy class....if that is wrong, please correct me.

Any information is appreciated!

7 hours ago, emoorehead said:

I have seen several people talk about a "secret" deck that is ideal for watching sail away because it is less crowded. Is that on the Fantasy class ships? I think I also saw that the Ecstasy is a Fantasy class....if that is wrong, please correct me.

Any information is appreciated!

Yes, you are correct. Every Fantasy Class ship has a forward and side viewing area on the Verandah Deck (11.) It can be tricky as there is only one access door to the outside which is located on the port side of the Verandah Deck. Only once have we found that area to be crowded at sail away. Have fun!

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2

i am somewhat disappointed they are removing the secret deck 9 area on the triumph/sunrise. that was the best spot to see the ship enter and leave port as you can stand on top of the bridge wing and get a better view. looks like they are keeping the lower level like deck 5/6 or so. 

18 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Never understand why people call them secret decks.  If they were secret, no one would know about them. 

they are a secret because they are less crowded, not that many people know about it. To access it, you will have to walk all the way forward in one of the hallways past all of the staterooms

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

I think they may be talking about the decks in the front where 4k rooms are. These decks usually have no one on them.

Are you speaking of main deck on Spirit Class ships with 4k's? We've stayed in those many times and forward on main deck is the show lounge and there's no "secret deck" or other on deck 4.

Edited by sanmarcosman

I think they may be talking about the decks in the front where 4k rooms are. These decks usually have no one on them.

I think you are right that these decks are not on Spirit class. I was on the Sunshine and Freedom

30 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

I think you are right that these decks are not on Spirit class. I was on the Sunshine and Freedom

I'm looking at deck plans and not seeing 4K cabins (rooms) on Sunshine or Freedom. 4K cabins are on Spirit Class ships and have glass french doors that have since been converted to a large window.

4K are interior with a window in the front of the boat, They have a window looking out onto the deck. You walk out of the door of your cabin take a few steps and you are on deck. Do not know what deck plans show but i have been in the rooms

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

I'm looking at deck plans and not seeing 4K cabins (rooms) on Sunshine or Freedom. 4K cabins are on Spirit Class ships and have glass french doors that have since been converted to a large window.

11 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

4K are interior with a window in the front of the boat, They have a window looking out onto the deck. You walk out of the door of your cabin take a few steps and you are on deck. Do not know what deck plans show but i have been in the rooms

That's a 4J.

• Like 1

People call them "secret" decks because it sounds cooler than "unused" / "unpopular" decks:

• They are on the deck plans, no secret there....
  • There's no lounge chairs, only a few wooden benches.
  • Metal railing limits your view (i.e. you need to stand if you want to see anything).
  • No amenities (e.g. bars, food).
  • Not easy to get to; walk ALL the way forward on a cabin deck. Oh, now you're done?,  time for another hike back.

If one wants to watch sail away (and have more fun!) I'd suggest Lido/Sky decks.  A lot more going on there....

Edited by LostPuppy

On 1/21/2019 at 8:11 AM, sanmarcosman said:

Yes, you are correct. Every Fantasy Class ship has a forward and side viewing area on the Verandah Deck (11.) It can be tricky as there is only one access door to the outside which is located on the port side of the Verandah Deck. Only once have we found that area to be crowded at sail away. Have fun!

Thank you, sanmarcosman. That was exactly what I was wondering about. 

4 hours ago, LostPuppy said:

If one wants to watch sail away (and have more fun!) I'd suggest Lido/Sky decks.  A lot more going on there....

LostPuppy, I prefer the quieter, less crowded option. There will be plenty of time during my cruise to be in the middle of everything. 😀

But I appreciate your perspective.