How on earth do you pack and don't get the clothes all wrinkly?

Jorg_

1 hour ago, flamomo said:

I tried the rolling method for my clothes and found they were quite wrinkled when I unpacked. I read here on CC that using 2 1/2 gallon Ziploc bags was a better way to go, and I found that is true. I like that method best and have been using it for over 10 years, anytime I travel. It is extremely rare that I have iron anything before being able to wear it. Packing cubes are an unnecessary expense. IMO. I've used the same Ziploc bags over and over for years. The key is to fold things VERY carefully to prevent any wrinkles from forming while folding, don't stuff the bags overly full, and be sure to "burp" as much air as possible out of each bag before sealing it, so clothing items in them can't shift when the suitcase is being manhandled by airport and airline luggage handlers. For things like long pants or dresses, which I do not put in  Ziploc bags,, layer each item with a large plastic bag before folding to reduce the chance of creases forming at the fold lines. These are laid atop the stacked Ziploc bags in the suitcase. Socks and other small items are tucked inside shoes. Each pair of footwear is put in a plastic sleeve (saved from my daily newspaper delivery) so no dirt rubs off on anything in the suitcase.

Get yourself a travel luggage scale so you can be pretty sure that your luggage won't be overweight when you check in at the airport. That's another thing I have used for many years and since I  started using it, have never been required to pay an overweight bag fee. Paying that $100 fee once was enough for me. LOL

Happy Cruising!!

"... Each pair of footwear is put in a plastic sleeve (saved from my daily newspaper delivery)  ..."

DUH!  Why didn't we think of that!??

Thank you :classic_smile:

GC

On 1/23/2019 at 9:17 AM, flamomo said:

Each pair of footwear is put in a plastic sleeve (saved from my daily newspaper delivery) so no dirt rubs off on anything in the suitcase.

We do the same thing.  But what will happen when print newspapers are no more?  :classic_sad:  (Or we go entirely digital...)

• We have used tissue paper in dressier clothes that we don't want wrinkled.  we put it in the sleeves of DH's sport coat, and at the bottom of any dresses that I don't want to wrinkle when the bottoms get folded up to close the suitcase.  But, most of our clothing travels well, and with the humidity in the Caribbean, the wrinkles fall out on their own.